Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: Minorly Offensive Names You Love (but can't use)

While I agree that Columbine is a beautiful name, I would never be able to use it. I live in Colorado and not 30 minutes away from Columbine High School. The tragedy that happened there was beyond devastating, and a year ago there was an assembly for this one organization for the first girl that died, named Rachel. It moved me to tears, and therefore could never use Columbine (I know this wasn't the point of the question, but I just felt like adding it).

Anyway, I could never use the name Jude for a boy, no matter how much I love and adore it. I come from a Jewish background and have suffered through many horrible Jew jokes, and I could never inflict that upon my child. The name Jude would just cause too much discrimination.

I love Allegra but the allergy medication pretty much killed it for me. Maybe as a middle name.

I love the name Harlot. =[
    My girl names:
    Click here

My boy names:
    In progress

I get a kick out of Damian but I don't think I could bring myself to use it.

My husband and I love Japanese names, however, neither of us have Japanese, let alone Asian, ancestry. We feel it may be disrespectful of the Japanese culture to try and use some of the names on our own children because we know how family and tradition are important values in Japan.