Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    The name Vashti is starting to grow on me, but some may not be too keen on it because it's after the woman in the Bible whom Esther replaced. Nevertheless, it's still on its way to my "love it" list.

Lucretia is another one of my favorites, but given her tragic story, it seems a bit morbid to actually use it on a person.

I also kind of like Benoit as a middle name for a boy. However, what with the circumstances that Chris Benoit died, I think it would just cause more discord than its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy528 View Post
    I deal with drugs every day at work so NO Allegra, Lyrica, Arava!!!!! Don't get me started on the names of birth control pills: Alesse, Aviane, Portia, Lessina, Levora, Yasmin, etc etc!!!!!!!!
    Definitely hear you on that one! My BF is going to pharmacy school and asks me what I think of all these funny drug names because he knows I'm a name nerd. I think the worst one yet is Krystexxa, an injection for chronic gout. Ick!

poppy528's post reminded me of Portia. There is the Shakespeare association, (which I like) but the fact it's a birth control pill makes me weary of using it.

Katrina doesn't seem so usable anymore. What if some hurricane gets my favorite baby name and its deadly? Geesh! I looked up the list of future storm names--fortunately my favorite isn't on there---
    http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/www/tcp/Storm-naming.html

My boyfriend's little sister is called Katrina and I thought of the hurricane when I first met her but it wore off very very quickly They usually refer to her as Trina anyway
    Marley Caspar ♂ Felix Grey ♂ Finley Noah ♂ Huxley Finch
    Esmé Ruby Rosalyn ♀ Luna Pearl ♀ India Iris ♀ Hazel Fauna

Haha my nickname is Narcissa/Cissy. I love it and carry it with POTTERHEAD PRIDE, and who cares if it's Bellatrix Lestrange? IT'S BELLLATRIX LESTRANGE! She's the kind of person who could completely revolutionize baby naming. It's a great name and honestly, I love the character too! Just go and use those!