Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayken95 View Post
    Also Barney, I love this name but the big purple dinosaur really ruins it. Though maybe How I Met Your Mother might make it a bit better for a nn? (That's probably VERY wishful thinking)
    I know a few Barneys, from Barnaby, and I love the name No one really associates it with the dinosaur... Or, assuming quite ignorantly that you're from the states (and I'm British), maybe that's cultural differences? Barney from How I Met Your Mother is definitely making it more usable, too.
    Marley Caspar ♂ Felix Grey ♂ Finley Noah ♂ Huxley Finch
    Esmé Ruby Rosalyn ♀ Luna Pearl ♀ India Iris ♀ Hazel Fauna

I love - LOVE - the names Narcissa and Bellatrix, but I don't feel like I could use Narcissa because of narcissist, even though I adore the nn Cissy, and I think Bellatrix has two adorable nn's to go with it, Bella and Trixie, but Bellatrix Lestrange makes it off-limits, especially with me being such a huge Harry Potter fan.
    ~Nora

♥♥♥ Elizabeth ~ Alice ~ Anneliese ~ Violet ~ Eve ~ Mireille ~ Amelie ~ Catherine ~ Emmeline ~ River ~ Sophia ~ Rose ~ Eliska ~ Sybil ♥♥♥

♥♥♥ James ~ Lysander ~ Rory ~ Hugo ~ Gavin ~ Niles ~ Salem ~ Bennett ~ Callum ~ Noah ~ Jude ~ Patrick ~ Luke ~ Owen ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by harriet emily View Post
    I know a few Barneys, from Barnaby, and I love the name No one really associates it with the dinosaur... Or, assuming quite ignorantly that you're from the states (and I'm British), maybe that's cultural differences? Barney from How I Met Your Mother is definitely making it more usable, too.
    Yes I am from the states, and Barney the dinosaur is a strong association with the name :~(. I hope, but when I did mention it to 2/3 different people they all looked at me crazy and mentioned him. Maybe I should just move to a different country haha!
    Dayton.19.*Hopeful* Future Mom
    Naming future twinkles...
    Girlies:Aella Dorothy Plum.Judah Eilidh Catherine.Snow Amalija Anne
    Guys:Back to the drawing board

@belle83p I would never have associated Lana with anal and I dont think very many people would
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

I adore but can't use Dixie, Jemima & Coen (Cohen). All have offensive connotations.

I also love Exie but feel a name that rhymes with Sexy is inappropriate for a modern little girl. It's not really offensiver, per se, just wrong.