Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    I actually WOULD use these names....
    Ivan (the terrible)
    Othello (who murdered his wife)
    Juliet (who murdered her self)
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Having suffered through all of the teasing following the Monica Lewinsky scandal, I would never name a child Monica. Because it's my name, and yeah, the teasing sucked. It's not a very common name, but I got teased for and in high school got a couple of comments from African-American students that they'd never seen a white Monica before. Thanks.

I love Lucifer, but that has Biblical connotations I'd never be able to get around. It screams 'satan' to most of the population, sadly. It's Latin for "bringer of light", so it's sad it has such a negative connotation.
    Favorite Names: Caroline Michal ~ Caroline~Loren~ Toran ~ Brennan Shannon James ~ Liam Alexander/Nathaniel ~ Jade
    DD#1, Saoirse Flynn, 08/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by mika13 View Post
    I love Lucifer, but that has Biblical connotations I'd never be able to get around. It screams 'satan' to most of the population, sadly. It's Latin for "bringer of light", so it's sad it has such a negative connotation.
    I love the name Lucifer too! And since I am not religious at all I didn't even know the connotation till I looked it up :~(.

Also Barney, I love this name but the big purple dinosaur really ruins it. Though maybe How I Met Your Mother might make it a bit better for a nn? (That's probably VERY wishful thinking)
    Dayton.19.*Hopeful* Future Mom
    Naming future twinkles...
    Girlies:Aella Dorothy {Poem}.Judah Biet {Catherine}.Owen Tallulah {Mary}
    Guys:Sebastien Quade "Sacha".Eden Trust.Amias Sage "Mia"(My-uh)
    Pondering: Lemon

Lolita is the most beautiful name but can't really be used now. At least I can use the nn Lo from other names I suppose.

Io (eye-oh) and Europa have a certain attraction to me as well but they're a bit obscure.

Love the name Lana but many people brought my attention to what it spells backwards. Officially ruled out! I'm a teacher so I know how quickly kids figure these things out and come up with cruel nicknames.