Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ferntailwp View Post
    I love the names Shylock (the back guy in a Shakespeare) and Harlot (whore), but I wouldn't be afraid to use them. The child will be his/her own self and can change people's perception of the name if necessary. I'm a girl named after the freaking greek god of sex. Not even the goddess, and it doesn't affect me at all. Some people are more sensitive to that though.
    Shylock was a Jewish man in the Merchant of Venice, Othello was the black one

I adore India but I couldn't bring myself to use it. Too much awful history.

august ~ benjamin ~ nathaniel ~ thomas ~ sawyer ~ henry ~ jonas ~ arthur ~ samuel ~ frederick

iris ~ sylvie ~ ella ~ tess ~ cora ~ june ~ adeline ~ viola ~ emmeline ~ rosa

DP and I love Pagan for a girl, just for the sound, but the poor child would suffer so much from ignorant people's reactions, it's not worth it.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

I adore Lolita (:

It's so sad that it has such bad connections, both with the novel and it's more modern associations. Shame. It sounds so spunky and sweet. Lola isn't half as pretty.

Jezebel too
    close to my heart
    Rufus - Wes - Alec - Emmett - Wilfred
    Billie - Estella - Jemima - Eilidh

maybe; Maud, Effy/Euphemia, William and Eoghan
    olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma''. i feel as if i've been sixteen forever. (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I agree with Lolita! Such a lovely name. And the way it is described in the novel as "lyrical" and "lilting" makes me love it more. Too bad.

I agree also with Violante. What a pretty sound, but yes, way too close to "violence"