Names Searched Right Now:
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ferntailwp View Post
    I love the names Shylock (the back guy in a Shakespeare) and Harlot (whore), but I wouldn't be afraid to use them. The child will be his/her own self and can change people's perception of the name if necessary. I'm a girl named after the freaking greek god of sex. Not even the goddess, and it doesn't affect me at all. Some people are more sensitive to that though.
    Shylock was a Jewish man in the Merchant of Venice, Othello was the black one

I adore India but I couldn't bring myself to use it. Too much awful history.

august ~ benjamin ~ nathaniel ~ thomas ~ sawyer ~ henry ~ jonas ~ arthur ~ samuel ~ frederick

iris ~ sylvie ~ ella ~ tess ~ cora ~ june ~ adeline ~ viola ~ emmeline ~ rosa

DP and I love Pagan for a girl, just for the sound, but the poor child would suffer so much from ignorant people's reactions, it's not worth it.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

I adore Lolita (:

It's so sad that it has such bad connections, both with the novel and it's more modern associations. Shame. It sounds so spunky and sweet. Lola isn't half as pretty.

Jezebel too
    ★ O L I V I A ★
    (seventeen, student / traveller, obsessively maternal and owner of darling black cat Shura)

Emmett - Alec - Rufus - Wilfred - Eoghan
    Trudie - Fenella - Aoife - Jemima - Eilidh

I agree with Lolita! Such a lovely name. And the way it is described in the novel as "lyrical" and "lilting" makes me love it more. Too bad.

I agree also with Violante. What a pretty sound, but yes, way too close to "violence"