Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What middle name fits with Veronica?

I enjoyed reading all of your boy name suggestions, though we are no closer to deciding!

I have my girl name, I've always loved Veronica! But I am at a loss for what to use as a middle name. I don't really have any family names or any other names with personal meaning that I'd like to use.

Our last name is three syllables, begins with an M and ends with an A. So I want the middle name to be shorter, one or two syllables max. I'd like it to be more creative than your basic Rose, Grace, Nicole, Jane, Lynn, Marie, etc.

Anyone else a fan of the name like I am, or have any suggestions for a middle name?

Thanks!

Re: What middle name fits with Veronica?

Veronica is one of my favorite names! I have thought about it a lot. One thing to remember is not to pair it with a name that starts with "Ca" or you get an unfortunate word when you mix the end of Veronica with "Ca". No Veronica Cate, or Veronica Cathleen, for example.
    I love:

Veronica Eve
    Veronica Helen
    Veronica Jane
    Veronica Lily
    Veronica Mae
    Veronica Maeve - but it bothers me that it starts and ends with "v". What do you think?
    Veronica Ruby

My favorite is Veronica Ruby.

Other ideas that are not my fave although they are very pretty:

Veronica Pearl
    Veronica Plum

I agree, no "Ca-" beginning names. I really don't like names that start with a vowel either, I think it's an awkward transition. The other problem is our last name also has a strong "R" sound in it, so paired with the already strong "R" sound in "Veronica," a name like Ruby would be too many "R"s, even though I like the name Ruby.

I kind of liked Shannon, but would that combo sound too dated? (both names had their peak in the 70s). I think I need a more modern middle name.

The double V sound in Maeve doesn't bother me, but the name itself doesn't really do much for me either.

Doing a search now for 2-syllable names that end in consonants.

Great choice! My oldest daughter's name is Veronica. We went with Veronica Noelle, but I remember having a very hard time coming up with a middle name.