Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greer

Greer

We would like to call our son Greer, but I'm concerned that it's becoming a girl's name (especially since I liked it as a girl's name). We're thinking of Edward Greer.

Re: Greer

I think its okay as a middle name for a boy. Thats my favorite place for unisex names...that way there's no confusion. Edward is obviously a boy, after all.

I like Edward Greer a lot--very dashing.
    I really like the name Greer, but when I first heard it, I was actually surprised to find out that it's used for many girls as I find it very masculine. I think in the middle it's great and, as Edward is obviously a boy's name I find no problem.

I absolutely love Edward, but I think that using Greer on a boy depends on where you live. In the U.S., I've only heard Greer used on girls (and I think of the Old Hollywood actress Greer Garson), and I associate Greer with feminine names, such as Maeve and even Grace. I suppose it's not that big of deal with it being in the middle, but to me, Greer isn't as unisex/masculine as Rowan or Finley.

Best wishes to you! :-)

It's great as a boy's middle name. In all honesty that's the only place I like it. It sounds too gruff for a girl in my opinion and it's a little intense for a first name, but it's perfect with Edward. Go for it. He may get teased once or twice over the years but most of the time it's going to get complements I'll bet.