Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: A sibling for Jane and Henry

I LOVE Jane and Henry! :-) I also love Susan's L suggestions of Louisa and Lydia, and I thought I'd suggest Leo for your little boy. I know that Lucy is on the popular side now, but I love that suggestion from Elizabeth/Zard. (I'll throw Louise and Laura into the mix, too.) :-)

I don't think that a middle name beginning with a vowel flows well with a first name ending in A (the back-to-back vowels create an awkward pause for me), but that may just be me.

Lucy Amandine
    Lucy Avalon
    Lucy Astoria
    Lucy Aurora

Louise Arabelle
    Louise Ivory (I'm not sure if you're open to vowels other than A...)

Louisa Aster (back-to-back vowels issue with flow...)
    Louisa Opal (ditto...)

Laura and Eliza will have the same vowel issues.

Leo Augustin
    Leo Everett

Non-L names:

Alice (might not work with your last name)
    Beatrice
    Cora/Cordelia
    Celia
    Daphne
    Diana
    Eliza (nn Liza for an L name)
    Felicity
    Frances
    Georgia
    Margaret
    Penelope (nn Nell or Poppy)
    Phoebe
    Rose
    Susannah

Arthur
    Albert (nn Albie)
    Calvin
    Charles
    Frederick
    George
    Peter
    Theodore

More middle names you may like:
    Amaryllis
    Aster
    Azalea
    Aloutte
    Aria
    Indigo
    Ivy

Good luck! :-)

Jane Audrey, Henry Atlas and...

Liesel Aurelia
    Lydia Alma (a little difficult to say)
    Lydia Pearl
    Lydia June***
    Louise Aurelia**
    Lucinda Eve
    Lucinda Pearl
    Lillian Alma
    Lillian Amelia**
    Lilla June
    Lilla Eve

I think Pearl, Alma and Eve would also make good first names, as would Lara, Phoebe and Tess/Tessa

Lucian Arthur
    Lucian Alcott
    Luther Augustus**
    Leopold Alcott
    Leo Augustus*
    Levi Arthur*

I also really like August/Augustus and Arthur as potential first names for your little one.

Liesel and Lilias (or Lillian) nn Lily are great suggestions, as are Jill's. I especially love her Lucy and Leo combos.

Louise and Louisa are lovely, too, but might work better with a non-vowel middle name.
    You could try Louise Ondine, Louise Orla, Louise Oona and similar sounds, though.

Other L names (most of which have vowel mn issues):
    Leah
    Lara
    Leia
    Laila
    Lilah
    Lala is a Bulgarian name meaning tulip, but probably sounds too silly in our culture
    Laoise (lee-sha) means radiant in Irish, but will probably be misread as Louise
    Laurel
    Lauren
    Lavinia
    Laetitia (perhaps marred by the trend of sticking 'la' onto the front of other names)
    Lilac.

Other names :
    Verity
    Cecily
    Kate
    Hebe
    Sarah/Sara
    Mary/Maria
    Clara/Claire.

And Penelope, as Jill suggested, with the nn Nell was actually the first name I thought of when I saw 'Jane and Henry'.

Colin
    Alistair
    James
    Peter
    Samuel
    Luke
    Jacob
    Edward.

Good luck!

Thanks to all of you for these wonderful suggestions! I'm sure my husband and I will be pouring over them this weekend! I was very happy to see some of our favorites on your lists -- specifically Louisa and Leo have long been front runner's (my mom's middle name, which she has gone by most of her life, is "Lou"). I also really hoped to use Augustus as it was the name of her great-grandfather, but I was a little disappointed to learn that "Leo Augustus" is actually the name (at least partially) of Pope Leo the Great, who I'm sure is a worthy namesake, but we're not Catholic, and of course, would hope to find something more our own. I agree that Louisa plus an a name is difficult, but hadn't realized the double vowel was why -- I do like Louisa Elspeth, but husband is not on board (yet). Unfortunately, some of your other really great suggestions, like Penelope have been taken by close friends or family (our brand new next door neighbor is "Penny" short for Penelope). Anyway, thanks again for all the great ideas -- I'll be studying them closely!

Louise Elspeth is beautiful! I hope you convince your husband ... I've fallen in love with Elspeth completely.