Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I'm naming my third boy....thoughts about WADE?

I've named my boys Evan and Grant. Now I'm stuck on the third. We like Wade, but are nervous about it. I've not heard much about the name and don't know any babies in our area with that name (northeast). I think of it as a strong, simple, and easy name to say, but does it sound too "cowboy or even cowpoke"? What do you think when you hear the name? Thank you!

Re: I'm naming my third boy....thoughts about WADE?

I think of wading into water, honestly! I don't think of anything cowboy-related.

But I agree, it is simple and to the point, and it goes well with your other boys' names.

Are there any other alternatives that you like? Is the cowboy association what most makes you nervous?

I've been trying to come up with other unique names, but keep coming back to some of the classics like Andrew, Brad, Aaron. I don't get excited about them like I do with Wade - if I could just get comfortable with it. My nervousness comes from the image that it portrays especially since I've not known any boys by the name Wade.

I think Wade goes great with Evan and Grant! If that's the name you keep going back to, I'd definitely stick with it. I've only ever met one Wade, but he is in his 50's now. Go with what you love!

I like Brad. Would it be Bradley or just Brad? It's more established, I suppose, and still fits with your criteria and his brothers' names. But I understand it being less exciting.

I looked up a couple of names I liked on this website, and it gave me some insights and general things I had never thought about (new here, so if this link isn't allowed, I apologize, someone please let me know):

http://www.behindthename.com/comment...php?terms=wade

Good luck!