Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I see Emmeline mentioned here a lot ...

but has anyone actually pulled the trigger and named their child that? If so, do people have a hard time with pronunciation? And does it get shortened to Em?

I've had this obsession with E names lately, and am really liking Emmeline. But I worry that she'll get lost in the Emma/Emily crowd ...

Re: I see Emmeline mentioned here a lot ...

I have always loved this name. Our daughter is named Emma Caroline after her grandmother, we also seriously considered Emmeline, it's beautiful. Our Emma is 12 and she is the ONLY Emma in her grade, I know it has become popular since she was born but don't let that scare you away from a beautiful name. I love it!!

I love Emmeline, but if you're concerned about the other Em names, I think that's important. I've always pronounced it (and heard it) as Emma-line, but I know Emma-lynn and Emma-leen are used, too. If not for the pronunciation issues, I'd definitely use it! :-)

Good luck!

I think it's very pretty, I didn't realize until recently it was supposed to be pronounced Emme-LINE, I've always thought it as Emme-lynn. Haven't used it though and don't know if I could get DH to agree.

I love Emmeline, but my husband vetoed it for exactly that reason, too similar to Emily and therefore not interesting/unusual enough.