Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Can't decide between our top two names...

I cast an experts' vote for Brynn. It has more substance than Ellie, which is cute and perhaps not so popular on its own as it is a short form for and reminiscent of so many popular names, from Eleanor to Ella to the whole Isabella, Gabriella contingent.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I strongly prefer Brynn (esp. since it's a family name).

Another vote for Brynn. Ellie sounds too much like a nickname. Brynn Elizabeth is gorgeous.

I definitely like Brynn better- its one of my favorites! I think that Brynn Katherine and Brynn Elizabeth both sound fantastic!
    Favorite girl names: Carys, Marielle, Estella, Behati, Doutzen, Mireille, Sabrina, Caroline, Elizabeth, Paulina, Esme, Anna, Saskia, Avital, Holland, Kaia, Monet, Daisy, Savannah, Eve, Sienna, Jessamine, Siri, Vanessa

Favorite boy names: Otto, Owen, Aaron, Dylan, Daniel, Tristan, Nicholas, Henry, Adam, Benjamin, Noah, Colin, Connor, Liam, Landon, Ethan, Lleyton, Declan, Tanner, Colton, Abraham

Brynn, as Ellie is very popular and too much of a nn, in my opinion, to stand on its own as a first name. If you truly love it, and popularity doesn't bother you, I would go for Elizabeth, Elodie, Eleanor, Eloise etc. with the nn Ellie.