Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Please help!! Going back and forth between a few names!

Hi everyone! I posted on here awhile back asking for opinions about the name Harlow. I haven't completely ruled it out, but I'm focusing on some different names for the time being. I keep going back and forth as to which is my favorite, so if you all could help me by giving your opinions of each name that would be great!!

Here is my list of names and concerns I might have with each one.

Stella - I'm worried that this one will get too popular...I want my daughter to have a name of her own and not be 1 of 3 in her class.

Hadley - I like this name but still unsure if it is the one.

Emmeline - Love this. I love the fact that it isn't even in the top 1000 names. Only draw back is that it is similar to the VERY popular Emma/Emily.

Eliza - Same as Hadley.

Open to other suggestions as well.

Middle name will most likely be Sophia Marie....and last name is Rogers.

Thank you very much!

Re: Please help!! Going back and forth between a few names!

Emmeline is my favorite on your list, although Emmeline Sophia Marie is a bit more of a mouthful than I would personally prefer.

Hmm you are right...it is kind of lengthy. Especially with Emmeline and Sophia each being 3 syllables. I'll have to give it some thought. Thank you!

Off that list with all the other names, I like Stella. Stella Rogers, Stella Sophia Marie Rogers.

Emmeline is also nice, they are all nice with just the last name, not so much with the middles if you are going to say them all together a lot. Most people's middle names and how they really flow doesn't figure into their lives very often, so it's not that big a deal, I like Emmeline, but too many Emmas and Emilys and Emerys and Emersons and Emmetts, so on and so forth. It is a very attractive sound, so it is popular for many variations.

Eliza Sophia Marie Rogers is my technical second choice. It's not that hard to say, and it's a pretty name. I think Stella S.M.R. just has some really good ring to it, it's got the edge for me.

Hadley- eh. I don't dislike it, but it is my least favorite. I think surnames and/or names that end in -ley or -lee sound are also very popular, even if Hadley specifically isn't. If it has familial importance to you, extra points - I like meaningful names better than just pretty ones. If it was chosen at random, I don't figure it to inclusion on the list.

Is Emmeline pronounced -leen or -line?

I love it, regardless.