Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Baby name anxiety - Back to the drawing board. Yikes!

Oh, I'm sorry about Maeve, Carter. :-( I was hoping that it worked with your last name. Like Pam, I'm surprised that people think it's an invented name....

Emery (family name): I think it's pretty, and I bet it sounds lovely with your last name.

Elizabeth: Awe, don't worry about me, Carter! This is your baby girl, and you need to choose a name you love! I think Elizabeth is gorgeous, and I love so many of its nicknames (Libby, Liza, Bess, Eliza--ignore that one--Ellie, Elle, Bizzie, etc.)

Beatrice (love this name, but DH does not): I love this, too. (Memo to Carter's husband: You now LOVE this name!) :-)

Evelyn (family name and love the nn Evie): I really love the Evie nickname!

Sarah (family name and like nn Sadie, but find it kind of overused and cutesy):If you don't like Sadie, is Sally any better for you? I know a darling Sally...

Audrey (not a family name but DH likes it... afraid of popularity there, though): I think Audrey is so pretty. Yeah, it's popular, but then again, any name can become popular at any time. I think it's so elegant. :-)

Charlotte (beautiful name, but we like Charles - a family name - better for a boy): I really love Charlotte, too.

Violet (family name, but not totally keen on it as a first name): I love Violet, too, and I think it's a gorgeous middle name for so many options on your list.

Marian (think it is beautiful, havent brought it up to DH): I like this name, too, and also love Marielle and Mariana. Miranda, too.

Claire (we both love this name but dont think it would go great with our last name): Would Clara work any better with your last name?

I'm not sure if you're looking for more ideas, but here are some more (that I hopefully haven't listed already):

Annabelle
    Alice
    Amelia
    Cora/Cordelia
    Caroline
    Daphne
    Eleanor
    Frances
    Genevieve (nn Evie)
    Georgia
    Helen(a)
    Ivy
    Iris
    Josephine
    Juliet
    Lydia
    Louisa
    Mirabel
    Matilda
    Nora
    Phoebe
    Ruby
    Rosalie
    Stella
    Scarlett
    Theodora/Thea
    Vivienne
    Willa

You just keep posting to your heart's content, Carter! You'll find the perfect name one of these days! :-)

Take care!

Re: Baby name anxiety - Back to the drawing board. Yikes!

Too bad! I love Maeve!

Emery (family name)
    Elizabeth - Love Elizabeth so much! Love Liza, Lizzie, Elle, Bess, Bessie, and some others.
    Beatrice (love this name, but DH does not) - My father hated my name - it didn't used to be Susan - and so I recommend naming your child a name that you both love.
    Evelyn (family name and love the nn Evie) - absolutely love Evelyn nn Evie.
    Sarah (family name and like nn Sadie, but find it kind of overused and cutesy) - yeah, it got too overdone for me.
    Audrey (not a family name but DH likes it... afraid of popularity there, though) - I love Audrey.
    Charlotte (beautiful name, but we like Charles - a family name - better for a boy) - maybe you should save Charles for a boy.
    Violet (family name, but not totally keen on it as a first name) - I love it.
    Marian (think it is beautiful, havent brought it up to DH) - I love Marian.
    Claire (we both love this name but dont think it would go great with our last name) - One of my very faves.

Other ideas:
    Alice - adore this name.
    Clara
    Eleanor nn Nora
    Esther
    Frances
    Georgia
    Helena
    Iris
    Iona
    Jacqueline
    Leona
    Miranda nn Mira, Miri
    Nora
    Ottilie - nn Tillie
    Penelope nn Nell
    Regina nn Regi
    Susannah
    Theresa nn Tessa
    Veronica
    Vivian nn Vivi - this is a wonderful name!

Re: Baby name anxiety - Narrowing it down, Please vote!

Thank you Pam, Jill and Susan. I really appreciate your input.

Firstly, Maeve isn't entirely off the table because we both love it, but let's just say we are now considering other options. Do you find issues with how to pronounce it, as we had everyone ask how to spell it and then say Ma-eve?

As for some of your suggestions...

Audrey: This is a top pick and so glad you all find it as lovely as we do.
    Clara: This is actually a good subsitute for Claire for us... so we are kind of mulling it over.
    Frances: This is my auntie's name and I love it, but I don't like Frannie or Fran, I would probably prefer it for a mn.
    Georgia: I love Georgia, but the DH doesn't like names after states or cities.
    Stella: I love Stella too, but am afraid of the popularity, and DH makes the Rocky association.
    Willa: We both love Willa! This was a name my husband didn't like at first, but now really thinks it's pretty, but he doesn't like Willahemina (sp?).
    Evelyn: It's still a great pick for us. What does everyone think of this name? I posted earlier on this name and got a lot of responses on how cute everyone thought Evie was, which I do too, but I like the name Evelyn alone as well.

We are going to continue to evaluate and I'm sure come back to you with other ideas. Please, please feel free to continue to suggest names to us and weigh in on your opinion.

Thank you so much for all of your support!

Re: Baby name anxiety - Narrowing it down, Please vote!

Hi Carter! :-) I don't know any Maeves personally, but I've always thought its pronunciation was pretty clear. I love the name Maeve. :-)

Audrey: I do love Audrey!

Clara: I love Clara, and think it's a great Claire substitute. Love it! :-)

Frances: Have you thought about Frankie or Francie as nicknames? What about Francesca? I think both names are so pretty. :-)

Georgia: Okay, so this one is out...

Stella: Stella is out, too...

Willa: Willa is one of my favorite names. :-) I think Willa Frances is really pretty.

Evelyn: If popularity is an issue for you, you may not want to use Evelyn. It's very popular now (#54)....I'll admit that Evelyn isn't one of my favorites, but YOU love it, and that's what matters here! :-) I love the names on your list, though!

I can't wait to see the name your baby girl ends up with! :-)