Names Searched Right Now:
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Re: The Jill Fan Club

Dear Baby Blakette,

Thank you so much for stopping by this thread to say sweet things about me! You're a very kind baby girl, and with your typing skills, you're totally leaving the other babies behind in the dust. :-)

Even though I've never met you, if you're anything like your mommy, I know you're kind, sensitive, caring, bright (you're a total Mensa baby...I can feel your brain power from here!), funny, and generous. I know you're beautiful, too, but never forget that it's who you are inside that counts!

Although I can't send you a gift to celebrate your birthday, if I knew where you were, I'd send you some customized hair bows (I love to make them), and I'd get you a dolly, too. Oh! To honor your daddy's work, I'd also send you the DVD box set of Beverly Hills 90210.

I know you're busy doing sudoku puzzles and solving the Rubick's Cube, but I also hope your having fun relaxing, staring at your beautiful nursery walls, and reveling in how much you're loved by your mommy and daddy!

Love,
    Jill :-)

Hi Ailsa! I'm fine, and I'm sorry I worried you! I was so wrapped up in the main message boards that I completely forgot about this amazing thread!

I hope you're doing well! :-)

In my recent adventures in Nameberry-land, I've stumbled upon the wise and eloquent postings of Jill more than a few times, so I'd like to throw up my glass and cheer her on with the rest of you!

1. Jill is an eloquent and intelligent writer, and her posts and blogs are a joy to read. She always inspires me with new names, especially since we share a similar love for classics - especially those with a nod to literary gems. However, perhaps most significantly, Jill shares my immense hatred of "yooneek" spellings, and it is always lovely to have another person in that camp!

2. My favorite name relating to Jill is Julia, an elegant, sophisticated classic fit for any little lady! It, like Jill, means youthful, an added plus in my mind (Jill, though I know you don't care for your name, please find solace in this redeeming quality).

3. Well, my favorite Jill suggestion would really depend on the day, but I adore when she suggests Lydia, my favorite, or Eliza, a spunky twist on an elegant classic.

4. Well, I know Jill said she was moving to Boston, but I peg her for more of a Midwesterner!

5. Oh, desserts! My favorite! Well, definitely something chocolate, or so I have been told, so perhaps a large slice of warm German Chocolate Cake with a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream would be suitable to reward Jill for her endless help on Nameberry and overall commitment to naming!

Jill, I hope this finds you well! :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude