Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I need assistance.. badly

I'm thrilled I found these message boards, as it seems, from reading several pages of posts, I can find some kindred naming spirits here.

I'm due with my second girl in mid-September. I am absolutely stumped. My daughter's name is Gretchen Sofia. I have not found a name I'm in "love" with this time.. and honestly, I wasn't last time. I had to be harassed by the hospital staff before I went home (and ultimately read off a list of names to the baby, who looked up on Gretchen).. at any rate.. I'd like to avoid that kind of last minute stress again :)

So, I made a list of names I like and thought I'd throw it out there and see what others thought. I'm open to suggestions, possible problems with names, new names to consider, first/middle combos, anything really. The names as written is what the baby would go by... I'm not a big fan of nicknames, generally.

Cordelia
    Bridget
    Penelope
    Hazel
    Susannah
    Kendall
    Molly/Mollie
    Elizabeth
    Josephine
    Meredith
    Catherine
    Tessa
    Genevieve

Thanks for any help :)
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

Re: I need assistance.. badly

When I read your list the first one that popped out at me was Hazel...

I would go with a smoother sounding name with Gretchen.

Gretchen and Sadie *
    Gretchen and Lucy
    Gretchen and Charlotte
    Gretchen and Elsa
    Gretchen and Celia*
    * I really like these

Good Luck

I love the name Gretchen! For baby two, I love your choices ther as well. As a fan of Anne of Green Gables, Cordelia warms my heart (the name Anne wished was hers) I've always thought that names don't get any prettier than Elizabeth. It's high on the popularity lists, but it's classic-not trendy. Although, I think a nickname is inevitable for Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by willaisie
    I love the name Gretchen! For baby two, I love your choices ther as well. As a fan of Anne of Green Gables, Cordelia warms my heart (the name Anne wished was hers) I've always thought that names don't get any prettier than Elizabeth. It's high on the popularity lists, but it's classic-not trendy. Although, I think a nickname is inevitable for Elizabeth.
    Josephine and Elizabeth were definitely worrisome for the nicknames. I definitely do NOT like Jo, Joey, Josie, Liz, Beth, Lizzy, Libby, etc. I like Elise, which I think is a variant of Elizabeth, but not really a nickname people would associate naturally.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

I'm due with my second girl in mid-September. I am absolutely stumped. My daughter's name is Gretchen Sofia. I have not found a name I'm in "love" with this time.. and honestly, I wasn't last time. I had to be harassed by the hospital staff before I went home (and ultimately read off a list of names to the baby, who looked up on Gretchen).. at any rate.. I'd like to avoid that kind of last minute stress again :)

So, I made a list of names I like and thought I'd throw it out there and see what others thought. I'm open to suggestions, possible problems with names, new names to consider, first/middle combos, anything really. The names as written is what the baby would go by... I'm not a big fan of nicknames, generally.

I will put stars next to my faves:

Cordelia*
    Bridget
    Penelope**
    Hazel
    Susannah**
    Kendall
    Molly/Mollie
    Elizabeth* this used to be my fave name, but now I love Veronica even more. Also love Laura, my dd's name.
    Josephine*
    Meredith
    Catherine**
    Tessa
    Genevieve**

More ideas for you:
    Adelaide nn Ada Addie, and Delia
    Alice
    Anneliese - see Annika, this would sound good, too.
    Annika - would sound so good with Gretchen
    Beatrix
    Clara - love Gretchen and Clara
    Claudia - nice with Gretchen
    Danica - ditto, I just love Danica with Gretchen. But maybe I love Annika even more.
    Eloise
    Gemma
    Gwenyth
    Harriet
    Hazel
    Helena
    Hollis
    Iris
    Jemima - but you have to live in a very cool area to pull this off.
    Leona - doesn't go with Gretchen but I really love it.
    Liesl - not a popular name on Nameberry but I love it. Love with Gretchen.
    Louisa nn Lulu
    Lucy
    Mabel
    Noemi
    Ottilie
    Phoebe
    Pippa
    Ramona
    Rose
    Vera
    Veronica

These are all lovely names! You really can't go wrong wilth any of them. I also love Gretchen. Very unusual!