Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How is your baby doing?

I just thought I'd start this because we all spend so much time talking about what we're going to name our babies, but then we have no follow up after they are born! We should talk about what's going on with them!

I'll go first. Dash is five months today! Craziness! He's such a little smiley boy, he loves Care Bears books, and Fox in Socks. He also loves You Are My Sunshine, Que Sera, Sera, and If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out. Last Wednesday he started sitting up on his own. And Sunday I gave him solid food for the first time... Saturday I was eating a quesadilla and he pulled my hand to his mouth and tried to eat it! He's been looking at our food for a while now, but nothing like that! Well, every time anyone ate since then he just stared like he was soo jealous! Well, I gave him some banana and he adored it, he couldn't get more fast enough. And then yesterday I made him some yellow squash, he really hated it at first and made a grossed out face, but he ended up liking it. I had intended to wait until he was 6 months, but I just couldn't do it. He seems really happy that he gets to eat, now. I bought a food mill tonight and I'm excited to start making him food. He's going to have avocado tomorrow.

Oh, and I had to call the insurance company today and I said his name was Dashiell, and the guy said, "That's spelled D-A-S-C-H-L-E, right?" Nope. I told you guys no one spells it right!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: How is your baby doing?

My daughter (Brenna Grace) is doing quite well! She is currently napping (thank heavens). She was born May 5th, 2009 and was 7 wks early. Weighing a whole 3lbs 0oz and was 16.5in. She spent 23 days in the NICU and was sent home on May 28th at 4lbs 7oz and a lil under 18in.

As of today she is 11 weeks old (my how time flies). She is a good baby though we are nowhere near sleeping through the night!! As of her 2 month check up on July 9th she was 7lbs 2oz and 20.5in. Her doctor says she is growing right on track.

I am very blessed so far - she is in perfect health and is doing things babies her age do. She has good control over head. We are working on doing more tummy time so she can start rolling over and working towards sitting up.

Heh besides being held (her grandmas spoiled her) Brenna enjoys music and lights.

I thought I'd bump this because it seems like a cute idea...
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Our happy little boy, Asher is doing great! He is always smiling, I don't think its gas. He is such a blessing. He doesn't sleep all that well at night, and I'm always quite exhausted. Especially when I'm dealing with 2 and 3 year old girls along with my newborn. Asher is a couple weeks old, and when people ask what his name, we always get great responses. Naomi and Sophie call him Ash, Ashie and the most popular one, Ash Dash. N and S are so in love with their new baby brother, he is a wonderful blessing to our family.
    He's been eating alot lately, yesterday I gave him 8oz for breakfast! I bottle feed, not breastfeed. Well Ash is getting up soon, so I better go feed him soon. Oh and tomorrow he is getting baptized! Were so excited. Thank you all for helping us with his name!

My son, Everett Allan, is already almost 9 months old!!! It seems like you lovely ladies (and gentlemen) were helping me pick out his name only yesterday :) He is getting so big and loves to crawl everywhere! I think he's nearing the period where he may say his first word - the other day, I swore he said 'Baba' (what we call his Dad), but my husband said I was just imagining it and am too excited for his first word! His big brother Carter absolutely adores him! We had a few problems with baby Everett getting a lot of the attention, but we made sure (and still are) setting up special Mommy, Daddy, & Carter play times and letting him help feed, wash, and play with Everett. He mainly wants to be around his baby brother.

One day, we will most likely be back - I hope there's a little girl in our future!

-Carter & Everett's Mom