Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Joel, Ianthe and..(unusual girls name pls!) **DUE 1 WEEK!!!

I have 2 children, Joel and Ianthe (pro. eye-ann-thee in case u didn't know!), and am due to have my third a week today (definitely-I'm having elec c-sec).
    We've picked Tristan William for a boy.

Surname is Ross, not thought of a girls' middle name.

You have great name taste and a wonderful last name.

Iris (LOVE IT but doesn't sound great with Ross-whaddya think?) - don't like Iris Ross. alternatives: love other poster's suggestion of Ivy, also Irene Ross sounds so pretty.
    Beatrice - I don't like Beatrice Ross. "-trice" and Ross are fighting. Bianca Ross is pretty.
    Sapphire - Prefer Sapphira.
    Seraphina/ Seraphine (mouthful with Ianthe?) Love it and love Clementine and Clementina and Valentina nn Lena. I love Valentina Ross! If you want to go more boho, I knew of a family who named their daughter Valentino.
    Ophelia (LOVE IT! But worried about the 'feel ya' jokes! - I would worry about that, too. But Bianca is another Shakespeare character (see above). Also Ottilie starts with an "o" and is unusual like Ophelia.

Poss. middle names:

Emmie
    Emily
    sage - love this name the most! But it is tricky, You wouldn't want to combine it with Seraphina for example because it sounds like angels with herbs stuck on them.
    Rae - this is great, too!
    Thea (or first name?) - a very pretty first name!
    Fay - love, also love Faye and Fey.
    Elise - so pretty.
    Trista (but meaning is 'sad'!) - Yeah, sad is the first thing that comes to my mind because sad is triste in Spanish.
    What about Maeve and Delphine? And Dore. There is an accent over the "e" - dor-AY, Ay rhymes with May. Also May and Mae. Also Esme. And Day. And Mireille (meer-AY).

Valentina Fay, Valentina Dore, Valentina Esme, Valentina Pearl.
    Seraphina Rae, Seraphina Mireille, Seraphine Marseilles (don't know how to spell this but it is a city in France), Seraphina Lourdes - this is utterly gorgeous!
    Ottilie Rae, Ottilie Mireille, Ottilie Giselle
    Bianca Faye, Bianca Florence
    Thea Genevieve, Thea Clementine (clem-en-TEEN), Thea Guinevere
    Irene Davenia (Davenia is a form of Davina which means "little deer".) I'm not sure how to pronounce it, but if it's da-VEN-ee-uh, I love it! Irene Angelica, Irene Viviana.

I tried to keep all these names really heavenly and not cluttered. They remind me of the Renaissance except for Guinevere.

Quote Originally Posted by eleanor
    ok.
    I have 2 children, Joel and Ianthe (pro. eye-ann-thee in case u didn't know!), and am due to have my third a week today (definitely-I'm having elec c-sec).

Now can't decide on a girls name! I have a few ideas but still undecided and open to suggestions! My list so far is:

Iris, i agree, not w/Ross
    Beatrice, LOVE
    Sapphire, pretty but not my style
    Seraphina/ Seraphine (mouthful with Ianthe?) LOVE THIS! I think it's fine with brothers name
    Ophelia (LOVE IT! But worried about the 'feel ya' jokes! not crazy about this name

Poss. middle names:

Emmie
    Emily
    sage
    Rae.......Seraphina Rae LOVE
    Thea, like it!
    Fay......... What about Freya??
    Elise.....Seraphina Elise
    Trista (but meaning is 'sad'!) not a fan of sorry...

Have you any further suggestions for first names? I like unusual, pretty, flowery, literary, arty, fairy-type names!!!!
    Lila Sage
    Daphne Esme
    Freya
    Fiona
    Isla
    Leticia
    Quinn
    Raya
    Rosalind
    Rosalee
    Ursula
    Violet
    Zora

Susan, thank you for your comments;

Faye is a much better spelling-thanks!

Giselle- am toying with this name as I'm a ballet dancer myself! I also quite like 'Greta', but don't think it's very dainty and is linked to Margeret which is yukky.

Bianca...well this is lovely, but because of the Bianca in Eastenders, it's out!

Valentina...again, beautiful, but there is Valentino Rossi, the motorbike champ! OH already gets called Valentino for a joke!!!

Ottilie....like it!

Delphine..I liked this, but OH doesn't like it, which is a shame as it links with the Delphinium flower, the birth flower for July (I think!) I also liked Delphie!

Mireille....another nice one-going on my list!!

Ivy.....again, OH didn't like this. He's so fussy!! I don't like Irene, sorry.

BABYBERRY, love the suggestions, particularly Freya (I had a cat called Freya!!) and Isla (just recently used by a relation)

Hmm.... was thinking

Serenity

Alesta

Serena is lovely, but will it be common soon due to Serena Williams?

ok.

Now can't decide on a girls name! I have a few ideas but still undecided and open to suggestions! My list so far is:

Iris (LOVE IT but doesn't sound great with Ross-whaddya think?) Too much ssssssss!
    Beatrice again with the ssss. say it. Beatrice Ross. The end sounds like crisscross.
    Sapphire
    Seraphina/ Seraphine (mouthful with Ianthe?) Stunning, if a little celebrity worn atm.
    Ophelia (LOVE IT! But worried about the 'feel ya' jokes! This name has been on my list for years, and I'm always looking for the bad nicknames, and I never thought of it. Ophelia. Would you pronounce it Ofeelyuh or Ofeeleeyuh? It makes the slightest difference.

Poss. middle names:

Emmie
    Emily
    sage
    Rae
    Thea (or first name?)
    Fay
    Elise my fave!
    Trista (but meaning is 'sad'!)

Have you any further suggestions for first names? I like unusual, pretty, flowery, literary, arty, fairy-type names!!!!

What about Bronte as a middle name? Others that I can think of that fit your description include Lorelei, Annelise (variations of the spelling), Evangeline, Hazel, Finola (or Fionnuala, one of my faves), Connemara (maybe not so much but I thought I'd throw it out here)

Good luck, hope I helped!

Quote Originally Posted by eleanor
    Serena is lovely, but will it be common soon due to Serena Williams?
    She's been famous for going on 9 years now, and the popularity chart on the name's page shows a decrease over that time period. I wouldn't worry.