Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Full name needed for nn Ali

Hello everyone,

My sister is due to have a baby girl any day and has been unable to decide on a name so I thought maybe all of you wonderful baby-namers could help. The nickname will definitely be Ali as her son has had an imaginary sister for about two years with that name. Now that he will have a real one my sister cannot bring herself to name her something completely different and break his heart. The problem is that she would like the baby to just use Ali as a nickname, but she has thus far been unable to come up with a full name that she loves. She does not want to call her Allison. Some of the names she has been considering are:

Aliana
    Alia
    Alayzia

Re: Full name needed for nn Ali

How sweet. :-) It depends on her last name and her son's name, but some potential sources of Ali:

Alexandra
    Allegra
    Alice
    Alana

As for the names you mentioned, I want to point out that Alayzia sounds very much like "A lazy eye" to me. The word "lazy" definitely stands out!

Aliana: Of her choices, I'd have to go with this one...
    Alia: I think this one is destined for pronunciation issues....
    Alayzia: See above, regarding "a lazy eye."

Good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    How sweet. :-) It depends on her last name and her son's name, but some potential sources of Ali:

Alexandra
    Allegra
    Alice
    Alana

As for the names you mentioned, I want to point out that Alayzia sounds very much like "A lazy eye" to me. The word "lazy" definitely stands out!

Aliana: Of her choices, I'd have to go with this one...
    Alia: I think this one is destined for pronunciation issues....
    Alayzia: See above, regarding "a lazy eye."

Good luck! :-)
    The son's last name is Adam and the last name is Khan. I am not a fan of Alayzia either. I have been running out of ideas for her lately. Thanks for the suggestions, I will run those by her.

No problem. :-) With Khan, I'd stay away from Alana, because aLANa KHAN rhymes. Perhaps she'd like Alaina instead?

With Adam and Khan taken into consideration, I think Alexandra would work nicely. The G sound in Allegra clashes with the K in Khan.

(I see she likes trendier names, so I thought I'd mention that I'd avoid Alexa Khan, as it sounds like the word "lexicon.")

My personal vote is for Alexandra and Adam Khan.

Best wishes to you and your sister! :-)

She could use Alexis instead of Alexa? It flows better with Khan, and is lovely with Adam. :)