Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle name to go with "Dylan" (girl)

We've decided to name our second daughter "Dylan" - partly as a tribute to my mom "Lynda," but for many other reasons. We are stumped as to a middle name ... our first daughter has a very feminine, traditional first name "Emeline," so for this one we feel we should choose something equally feminine as a second name ( Emeline's full name is "Emeline Blue Hawkins" ). Any suggestions on a traditional, feminine name that would work well between " Dylan" and "Hawkins" ?

Re: Middle name to go with "Dylan" (girl)

decided to name our second daughter "Dylan" - partly as a tribute to my mom "Lynda," but for many other reasons. We are stumped as to a middle name ... our first daughter has a very feminine, traditional first name "Emeline," so for this one we feel we should choose something equally feminine as a second name ( Emeline's full name is "Emeline Blue Hawkins" ). Any suggestions on a traditional, feminine name that would work well between " Dylan" and "Hawkins"

I love the name Emeline Blue. Is it pronounced Emlyn or Emline?

Dylan is a cute name too. How about . . .

Dylan Elizabeth Hawkins
    Dylan Isabella Hawkins
    Dylan Sophia Hawkins
    Dylan Katherine Hawkins
    Dylan Felicity Hawkins
    Dylan Gabrielle Hawkins or Dylan Gabriella Hawkins
    Dylan Olivia Hawkins
    Dylan Paige Hawkins
    Dylan Rachel Hawkins
    Dylan Victoria Hawkins

Good luck!

I absolutely love the feminine, classic, sophisticated Emmeline, a name which honestly and definitely doesn't work with a sister named Dylan. :-(

I understand that Dylan is an anagram of Lynda, and that it has meaning to you, but with a sister named Emeline, I would absolutely mistake your Dylan as a boy--and I'm guessing I'm not alone. The difference between the two styles (classic and feminine versus extremely trendy and masculine) is jarring to me.

What about sticking Dylan in the middle, and giving your baby girl a feminine, classic name like her sister? Emeline has a unisex middle name, so Dylan in the middle would carry over the theme to your newest addition.

You could also use another Lin/Lyn/Lind name up front (instead of Dylan) to honor Lynda:

Linden (unisex, but infinitely more feminine and less trendy than Dylan up front)
    Rosalind
    Linnea
    Jocelyn
    Wendolyn
    Lydia (very close to Lynda)
    Dilys (Welsh name, close to Dylan...)
    Madelyn (trendy spelling, but it contains Lynda and works better with Emeline)

I'd just avoid any trendy -lyn names, like Katelyn/Kaitlynn, etc.

Other names you may like up front with Dylan in the middle:

Beatrix/Beatrice
    Celia
    Cecilia
    Cordelia (nn Cora)--pretty D heavy, though, with Dylan
    Diana
    Eliza
    Frances
    Francesca
    Fiona
    Georgia
    Genevieve
    Julia
    Louisa
    Lydia
    Rosalie
    Susannah
    Viola

Other names that work with Emeline (but not Dylan)

Audrey
    Annabelle
    Charlotte
    Dahlia
    Juliet
    Lucy
    Marielle
    Phoebe
    Ruby
    Scarlett
    Violet
    Willa

Good luck! :-)

My name is Dylan and my middle name is Victoria. I love it because people know im a girl when they see my middle name, and also because i like how my first name has two consonants and victoria has three. it flows nicely! i've gotten many compliments on my name!

thanks, milikate - great suggestions. 'Emeline' we pronounce 'Eme-leen,' though the traditional Eng pronunciation is with a long I.