Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arden for a girl ... too much like Aiden?

I like old-fashioned names more ... almost on the edge of "geezer". LOL! Chances are if your great-grandma had the name, I'm all over it.

Lydia Josephine (front-runner), Clara Jane and Evelyn Chloe are my top picks for a girls. And Elias (front-runner), Leo and Oliver for boys. My DS is Charles/nn Charlie.

The only two modern-sounding names that I really like are Arden and Reed, but I think both would fit fine with Charlie.

Arden Rebecca is the name I'm specifically into ... but I worry it's too masculine and too much like the popular Aiden names.

Thoughts?

Re: Arden for a girl ... too much like Aiden?

I'm a classic name lover, too (not uncommon on Nameberry), and love your names (with the exception of Arden). (I like Arden and see its appeal, but the other names are just more my style.) :-)

Lydia Josephine: I LOVE it!

Clara Jane: I think this is so sweet, but I personally love Lydia more than Clara. (I think Clara Josephine is lovely, too.)

Evelyn Chloe: I'm not an Evelyn fan, but I love the Evie nickname. Chloe is very popular now (top 10), so if popularity is a concern, I'd skip Chloe.

I really love Elias, Leo, and Oliver, too. If popularity is a concern for you, I'd go with Leo. Love Charles/Charlie, too. :-) If you type a name into the box at the left, you can see its popularity ranking.

I'd personally avoid Arden, not only because it's not my style, but because with Charlie, Arden and Charlie is a lot of "Arrrr" sound!

Other ideas:
    Amelia (popular, though)
    Alice
    Beatrix/Beatrice
    Blythe
    Cora/Cordelia
    Celia
    Clover
    Evangeline
    Eve
    Frances
    Genevieve (another source for an Evie nickname)
    Hazel
    Helen
    Iris
    Ivy
    Juliet
    Louisa
    Mabel
    Nora
    Phoebe
    Pearl
    Ruby
    Rose
    Susannah
    Tess
    Viola
    Violet
    Willa

Good luck! :-)

Jill - thanks! I know, I love all those names on your list, too. I don't know what's up with Arden, it doesn't fit with my normal tastes AT ALL. So I blame hormones. ;-)

I think Lydia and Elias are my winners. :-)

I love Lydia and Elias, and think both of them sound fantastic with your little Charlie. :-) Good luck!

Arden is way better than Aiden!