Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Regan

Re: Regan

Excellent food for thought! My husband and I still have Regan on the list, but because we do pronounce it Ray-gen, I still think it might match too much with Rachel. We have a one-syllable last name that people often mispronounce. We are concerned that both her first and last name will be mispronounced constantly if we name her Regan. Dealing with the last name is probably enough!
    Lila was my suggestion, although I'm concerned about it's trendiness. My husband definitely likes Sofia (Sofie).
    To those who think neither Lila nor Sofia go well with Rachel, what do you think about Elizabeth with the nn Libby?

Continued thanks for all the advice!

I like the name Regan, I know a Regan with the same spelling. Btw, my name is Megan and my sister's name is Rachel! Haha! Unfortunately, name butcherers are everywhere and they can butcher things you think are foolproof. I'm a big believer in, if you really love the name, don't worry so much what other people think of it. People will always have something to say about your baby name... the only opinions that really matter are yours and your husband's.

Sofia Paige and Lila Catherine are both awesome!

I was not a fan of Regan, which to me looks like "ree-gan" (so if it were "ray-gen" I would expect it to get mispronounced a LOT).

Whatever you decide, good luck and congrats!

I just wanted to say that my childs name is Regan and Noone has ever pronounced it Reegan.