Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names and Their Nicknames

Are their names you love with nicknames you hate, or vice versa? Is their any way to sidestep the nickname? Also, what are some of your very favorite nicknames? Discuss any nickname issues you have!

For me, I LOVE Conrad, but would HATE for people to call him Con or Connie. Same with Alexandra: love the full name, Alex not so much.

Also, I love the nickname Kitty! However, I only like Catherine spelled with a C, not a K. Do you think that Kitty could still be a nickname for the C version?

Re: Names and Their Nicknames

I love the name Shaelyn and I also think that Shae is a cute nickname. Anyone agree or disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by salifer
    Are their names you love with nicknames you hate, or vice versa? Is their any way to sidestep the nickname? Also, what are some of your very favorite nicknames? Discuss any nickname issues you have!

For me, I LOVE Conrad, but would HATE for people to call him Con or Connie. Same with Alexandra: love the full name, Alex not so much.

Also, I love the nickname Kitty! However, I only like Catherine spelled with a C, not a K. Do you think that Kitty could still be a nickname for the C version?

I work in a hospital, one long term resident we had, was named Catherine... and they called her Kitty!!! I loved it, thought she was a doll, and she was so cute.. the named suited her sooo well!

i love the nn tate for thomas. but we have a DS beckett, so thomas is out (there was a historical figure in england in the 1100's named thomas becket).

love maisie, not so much margaret. love poppy, not so much penelope. love rory, not so much aurora. hmmm...i think i just like nicknames =)

I love Chet for Chester or Charlie! so cute!