Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calan?

Calan?

What do you think of the name Calan? Its original form is Cailean (too complicated). Alternative is Kalan. I'm worried that these Gaelic names will go out of fashion. I want a classic but original name! Thanks all

Re: Calan?

Calan is too close to Caden/Cayden/Kaden, etc., for me, although I know it isn't one of those trendy "yooneek" names, it has that look and sound for me.

What about Kellan? I think Kellan is really cool, and while it's not Gaelic, it's close to Calan.

Some more Gaelic names I can pronounce:

Alasdair
    Bennett (well, it's not exactly Gaelic, but it's close to the Gaelic Benneit)
    Donovan
    Keane
    Magnus

Good luck! (Are you only searching for Gaelic names?)

Quote Originally Posted by jeannine
    What do you think of the name Calan? Its original form is Cailean (too complicated). Alternative is Kalan. I'm worried that these Gaelic names will go out of fashion. I want a classic but original name! Thanks all
    Since Calan is actually pronounced like Colin (which Cailean is the Gaelic spelling for), you'd probably be creating a whole lot of confusion for a result that wasn't that distinctive. I'm a bit confused about what you're looking for. You say you're worried that Gaelic names will go out of fashion, which suggests that you want a name that's IN fashion. Yet you also want a name that's "classic but original" -- which pretty much limits you to names that are not really in fashion!

If you genuinely want classic but original, there are lots of great Gaelic (and other) choices, such as Kellan, as Jill suggested, Kieran, Piran, Lorcan, Callum and so on.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I love it and I also love most Gaelic names .. here are some others,

Cullen
    Callum
    Clyde
    Bowen
    Declan
    Conland
    Ryland

I'm considering the same name for my son too (phonetically)

My spelling options are either as;

Kallen or Kallin
    Callen or Callin

I know an aquaintence who spells his name "Kallin"
    I personally prefer it with the 'K' but that's just me!
    Good luck!