Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Obsessing about Luca's future sibs :)

Now that Luca is going on four months and I'm getting a bit more sleep, I've starting obsessing about what I'm going to name his future siblings. I'm actually wondering if I'll be able to name them at all! My husband and I are both half Italian, so we like that Luca is Italian but still "goes" with our more German-sounding last name (husband's other half is German/Polish). Below are all of the stipulations for future names.

-Can't begin with R or L
    -Can't end in -r, or -ra
    -Goes with Luca, but isn't overly "matchy" (so doesn't necessarily need to be Italian)
    -Goes with our German-sounding last name (very similar to Rothman)
    -Middle names for girls: Celeste, Magdalena or Camilla (preferably Celeste)
    -Middle names for boys: John, Paul or Winston (or some combination)

Names we like but can't use for various reasons: Clara, Lila, Simon, Jasper, Ada, Milo, Eudora, Hugo

I'm in love with Paloma Celeste or Delphine Celeste but I'm not sure they go with our last name. For boys, lately I like Sebastian Paul (but Sebastian is way too popular for my tastes). And of course I still have a soft spot for Annabel!

Any ideas?
    :: o l i v e ::

Re: Obsessing about Luca's future sibs :)

Quote Originally Posted by olivegreen
    Now that Luca is going on four months and I'm getting a bit more sleep, I've starting obsessing about what I'm going to name his future siblings. I'm actually wondering if I'll be able to name them at all! My husband and I are both half Italian, so we like that Luca is Italian but still "goes" with our more German-sounding last name (husband's other half is German/Polish). Below are all of the stipulations for future names.

-Can't begin with R or L
    -Can't end in -r, or -ra
    -Goes with Luca, but isn't overly "matchy" (so doesn't necessarily need to be Italian)
    -Goes with our German-sounding last name (very similar to Rothman)
    -Middle names for girls: Celeste, Magdalena or Camilla (preferably Celeste)
    -Middle names for boys: John, Paul or Winston (or some combination)

Names we like but can't use for various reasons: Clara, Lila, Simon, Jasper, Ada, Milo, Eudora, Hugo

I'm in love with Paloma Celeste or Delphine Celeste but I'm not sure they go with our last name. For boys, lately I like Sebastian Paul (but Sebastian is way too popular for my tastes). And of course I still have a soft spot for Annabel!

Any ideas?
    Hi Olive! :-) I'm glad you're sleeping more. (Luca, you're totally allowed to sleep through the night! Go for it, little guy!)

Amelia ( Italian Mia nn, although it's popular)
    Alessia
    Allegra
    Beatrix
    Cordelia
    Camilla
    Dahlia
    Daphne
    Dorothea (nn Thea...isn't this your middle name?)
    Esme
    Eliana
    Estella
    Eleanora
    Francesca (I love Francesca!)
    Flora
    Gemma (Italian, too!)
    Genevra
    Josephine
    Miranda (nn Mira)
    Mirabelle/Mirabella
    Mariella
    Natalia
    Phoebe
    Stella
    Scarlett
    Simona/Simone
    Theodora (nn Thea)
    Viola
    Violetta
    Viviana
    Willa

I LOVE Paloma and Delphine, and Annabel is one of my all-time favorites. :-)

Augustin
    August
    Byron
    Cassius
    Dashiell
    Dexter
    Dante
    Elias
    Enzo
    Gabriel
    Julian
    Kellan
    Miles
    Matteo
    Maximo
    Maxfield
    Roman (conveniently forgetting the R rule)
    Raphael (ditto)
    Vincent

I think Sebastian would be great with Luca! :-)

Good luck, Olive. :-)

Jill, you have such a good memory! Yes, my mn is Dorothea. I have thought about using it, even though I use to hate it :) Of course when I was a kid I wanted to be Cindy.

I knew you'd think of some names I hadn't consideredDahlia, Mirabelle, and SImone are all going on the girl's list. For boys, I think Cassius is amazing! Can't believe I haven't thought of that since I love many of the -us names! I actually love Raphael too but would have to work on DH with that one.

Thanks for giving me some fresh ideas :)
    :: o l i v e ::

Yea! I love Dahlia, Mirabelle, and Simone. (Dahlia Simone is my favorite Dahlia combo.)

I really love Luca with Cassius, too.

Your babies will certainly have style! :-)

You sound exactly like me! Mine is just over four months and I'm completely obsessed with what his future siblings will be named. Is it me, or does it seem a little more fun now to think about future baby names, already having one as a jumping off point? I seem to be more obsessed with names now than ever before.`And I'm so with you on the rules, I'm just starting to figure out what endings work best with my last name, lol. Fun stuff. I can't right now, but I'll be back to play by your rules soon.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco