Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Name Our Son! Need Help!!

Hi! We just found out we are having a boy and are struggling with names... The only two we agree on are Mason and Lincoln and I'm not in love with either. I'd like the middle name to be Joshua (family name), but I don't love the sound of Mason Joshua or Lincoln Joshua. My hubby came up with the idea of naming him Joshua Mason/Lincoln and calling him exclusively by his middle, but I'm not sure how much confusion this would cause in his life. What do you think?

If you could give me some opinions on these names and possibly suggest some others we'd really appreciate it! Other names I like that hubby doesn't are Jacoby, Travis, Cason, and Corbin (he somewhat likes this one). I'm looking for a name that's masculine, not too popular/common but also not too out there. In general, I'm not very fond of very traditional names like James, Samuel, William, Matthew etc. Another middle name we are considering is Jonathan (also a family name).

Other names I like but are too common or that we can't use for other reasons: Jayden/Hayden/Cayden, Logan, Nathan, Caleb, Zachary, Cameron/Camden, Ryan.

You can also vote on my list at http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9687440

Thanks for your help!

Re: Help Name Our Son! Need Help!!

Hi! We just found out we are having a boy and are struggling with names... The only two we agree on are Mason and Lincoln and I'm not in love with either. I'd like the middle name to be Joshua (family name), but I don't love the sound of Mason Joshua or Lincoln Joshua. My hubby came up with the idea of naming him Joshua Mason/Lincoln and calling him exclusively by his middle, but I'm not sure how much confusion this would cause in his life. What do you think?

Susan: Love the name Joshua. For personal reasons, I don't like the name Mason. I am neutral on Lincoln. I use my middle name, and it leads to a lot of confusion. But I put up with it.

If you could give me some opinions on these names and possibly suggest some others we'd really appreciate it! Other names I like that hubby doesn't are Jacoby, Travis, Cason, and Corbin (he somewhat likes this one). I'm looking for a name that's masculine, not too popular/common but also not too out there. In general, I'm not very fond of very traditional names like James, Samuel, William, Matthew etc. Another middle name we are considering is Jonathan (also a family name).

I like Travis and also Trevor. Really love Trevor.

Other names I like but are too common or that we can't use for other reasons: Jayden/Hayden/Cayden, Logan, Nathan, Caleb, Zachary, Cameron/Camden, Ryan.

I don't like all the names that rhyme with Aidan because they are really overdone. I like the rest of your other choices that you can't use except for Ryan. Where I live, it's been incredibly overdone. But it is a wonderful name. So is Aidan.

Similar choices that aren't so popular:
    Rowan
    Roman
    Ansel
    Crispin
    Cedric
    Clayton
    Devon
    Gavin -this is pretty popular.
    Gareth
    Hudson - love it! I think it will become really popular though.
    Owen - but it is really popular, too.
    Miles
    Forrest
    Ian
    Soren - It does sound like a sore. But it also sounds like soar.
    Wyatt - but very popular. Have to confess, I really love it.
    Zane

You can also vote on my list at http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9687440

Thanks for your help![/quote]

I definitely prefer Lincoln over Mason, and I think Lincoln Joshua could work. Here are some others you might like:

Archer
    Abel
    Cooper
    Cormac
    Declan
    Griffin
    Holden
    Miller
    Nathanial
    Noah
    Eli/Elijah
    Sawyer
    Sullivan

Do any of these jump out at you?
    :: o l i v e ::

I definitely prefer Lincoln to Mason, too. (Mason is very popular, #35, and you wrote that popularity is an issue for you.)

Some more ideas along the lines of Lincoln and Mason (some don't work with Joshua)...

Carter
    Ford
    Grant
    Harrison
    Hayes
    Jefferson
    Pierce
    Wilson

Beckett
    Clifton
    Duncan
    Gideon
    Hunter
    Isaac
    Jameson
    Everett
    Elias
    Owen
    Paxton
    Quinlan
    Quinten
    Roman
    Sutton
    Samson
    Shepherd
    Sawyer
    Wyatt
    Xavier
    Zane

Good luck! :-)

Daniel Day-Lewis has two younger sons named Ronan and Cashel. I think those two names sound like your style. Now I'm going to look up the sons of the owner of The Vermont Country Store. They have rugged names. Here they are:
    Cabot
    Gardner
    Eliot