Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: carter + ???

carter + ???

My two-year-old son's name is Carter, and I'm trying to decide on a possible name for his soon-to-be little brother or sister. For a boy I was thinking of Noah or Everett, and for girl I'm having a tough time. I was thinking of Kira, but the hard k sound might be too similar. Also, would unisex names for my daughter work? I love Owen, Mason, or Sawyer. Thoughts?

Re: carter + ???

Hi there, Carter's mom. :-)

Noah: To me, the Biblical Noah doesn't flow with the modern Carter, but that's just me. :-)

Everett: I love Everett, and definitely works with Carter. :-) I think this is great! :-)

For your daughter, I'd personally stick with something feminine (with a Carter and a Rowan, for instance, it looks like you have two sons), but if you're going to stick with a surname, I think a feminine one could work.

Avery
    Blakeley
    Cambrie
    Camden (this may be too masculine...)
    Delaney
    Emery
    Ellery
    Finley
    Harper
    Hadley
    Linden
    Piper
    Quinn
    Quincy
    Riley
    Tatum
    Tierney

Feminine names that work with Carter:

Adeline
    Anna
    Clementine
    Daisy
    Emmeline
    Georgia (although Carter and Georgia may seem like a tribute to President Carter)
    Gemma (jem-ma)
    Lila (I think this is really cute with Carter...it has that Southern feel...)
    Mae/Maisie
    Ruby
    Susannah
    Stella

Good luck! :-)

I love Everett!! Sounds GREAT with Carter
    Finley sounds cute with Carter as well, but Finley is becoming a VERY popular name!
    what about...
    Leslie, Alexis, Hadley... I think Brody sounds great with Carter.. and it could be unisex...

I would definitley go for Everett! So cute!
    And I would personally go with a "girly" name option. I love Kira, but I'm biased because that's my little puppy's name (Kyra, actually). I see what you mean with the sounds, though. Its quite similar.

Here's some girl options...

Camira/Camille/Camilla (nn Cam)
    Mira/ Mara/ Moira
    Viera (Vera)
    Nora
    Grace
    Lorelai
    Lucy
    Tessa
    Mia
    Ellie (although you may want a more substantial name and use this as a nn - Elaine, Eleanor(a), Ellen, Eliana, Elliot, Elisabeth, Elise, Eliza, Ellery, Elodie)
    Eden (nn Edie)
    Phoebe
    Sadie

I like Carter and Ellie (with one of the various first names)
    or
    Carter and Lucy

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I love Brody, but unfortunately, our last name starts with an S so...B-first names probably won't yield the best initials :) I also think Delaney is an adorable name. Ellie would be such a cute name, but I'm not that into any of those 'El' names...I knew an Eleanor as a kid that I really didn't like, and the name always brings back those memories. I wouldn't want to think of her when I talk about my beautiful little girl. But my husband likes Elise, so we'll certainly consider it. Thanks again!