Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Having babies! what to name them? Two boys :D

My husband and I are looking for new "hip" names. I noticed this website likes more of the oldies. We are looking for nice casual names, nothing like Zeus which i saw on cool names, no offence but thats like naming your son a god. And nothing like Beatrix,(evan though thats a girls name) thats sounds like a "bean" sorry we are so picky about names , here are some we like:
    Ben
    Levi
    Owen
    Pax
    Cole
    Zac

Re: Having babies! what to name them? Two boys :D

Hi there, and welcome to Nameberry. As you noticed, while all naming styles are welcomed, the majority of Nameberry posters do, and you noticed, favor classic, vintage, and antique names. The creators of this site, Pam and Linda, are name experts and authors who have written many books geared toward guiding parents away from trendy, overused names, and toward fashionable, stylish alternatives. Nameberry, their site, is in keeping with their books, which accounts for the posters' style preferences.

(Beatrix is pronounced with three syllables, Bee-a-trix, much like Beatrice, so no "bean" sound!) :-)

Ben: A nice nickname for Benjamin or Bennett, but not substantial enough on its own...

Levi: I'm not personally a fan of Levi, but it's timeless and Biblical, which I think are great qualities...

Owen: I love Owen, but it's becoming rather popular, which may or may not bother you.

Pax: This one is all Brangelina to me, along with Maddox. I think Paxton is a tiny step away from Brangelina, though...

What about other X names, such as Felix, Dexter, Dax, Baxter, Maxwell, Maxfield, Xavier (pronounced with a Z sound), or Paxton?

Cole: I automatically think of Cole Slaw, but that's just me! :-)

Zac: A nice nickname for Zachary, which is kind of dated, but not substantial enough on its own....

From your list, I vote for Owen and Benjamin.

Other short boys' names you may like:

Brett
    Brice
    Bennett
    Beckett (nn Beck)
    Dashiell (pronounced "dash-ill), nn Dash
    Everett (nickname, Rett)
    Finn
    Graham
    Grant
    Jack/Jackson
    Luke
    Miles
    Quinn/Quinlan
    Roman
    Wyatt
    The X names above
    Zane

Good luck! :-)

well thanks you for my first nameberry reply!! I was very excited to get one,and so soon!

hmm... I like the name Bennett a lot, it is the name
    my friends dog! :D

thank you again for all your wonderful ideas! I also like the name Jackson it also reminds me of a dog!

I'm also getting a dog what should I name it? I think it will really bring the family together! lol I'm just kidding!

You're welcome! :-) Here are some more names, along the lines of Bennett...

Cullen
    Callum
    Camden
    Cooper
    Declan
    Donovan
    Finnegan
    Griffin
    Harrison
    Hudson
    Jameson
    Miller
    Oliver
    Quinten
    Sullivan
    Sawyer
    Samson
    Spencer
    Walker

Good luck! :-)

My husband and I are looking for new "hip" names. I noticed this website likes more of the oldies. We are looking for nice casual names, nothing like Zeus which i saw on cool names, no offence but thats like naming your son a god. And nothing like

Beatrix - Beatrix is the most wonderful name but it doesn't sound good with my last name. You have to get used to it and develop a taste for it. Evelyn, Vivian, Imogen, and Cecily (and many others) are in the same vein. Where do you live? That can influence your taste in names. In my little city, my daughter has kids with all kinds of bizarre names in her school. If you name your kid a name on the top ten list, it just sounds odd.

(evan though thats a girls name) thats sounds like a "bean" sorry we are so picky about names , here are some we like:

Ben - I like it as a nn for Benjamin.
    Levi - Personally I wouldn't pick this, but it is a cool name.
    Owen - a very handsome name but getting popular.
    Pax - do not like because of Angelina Jolie. She really bothers me. I don't know what it is.
    Cole - this is my favorite on your list. I love it as a nn for Nicholas. Nicholas is on my all time faves list.
    Zac - I like this spelled Zach. I like it as a nn for Zachary or Isaac. Isaac is one of my second tier faves lately. Ezekiel nn Zeke is cool, too.
    I agree with you about Zeus. I really don't like it. But I do love Orion! Although I wouldn't name my own son that. If I had a son to name this minute, I would probably name him Edward. So cool! But I always change my mind.