Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Pamela?

Pamela?

I'm fairly indifferent to this name, it just randomly popped into my head today.
    Why is the name Pamela not more popular? It's got the prom-queen image, granted, but names like Emma and Isabella used to have old-lady images. But think about, easy to pronounce, literary history, has the ever popular "ella" sound at the end. You'd think it would appeal to some people on this basis.
    Yep, completely out of left field I know, it just really baffles me! haha I think I had better get some sleep now

Re: Pamela?

I agree; I always wondered why it wasn't more popular. I didn't realize it had prom-queen associations. I just assumed it was a little dated. Maybe people don't like the nickname Pam? I don't care for Pam but Pamela is a perfectly attractive name.

I knew a girl named Pamela who got called Pamela Spamela, so I've always thought of Spam when I hear the name.

Quote Originally Posted by teabee
    I agree; I always wondered why it wasn't more popular. I didn't realize it had prom-queen associations. I just assumed it was a little dated. Maybe people don't like the nickname Pam? I don't care for Pam but Pamela is a perfectly attractive name.
    Yeah, I don't even know if it does have these associations, for some reason I just think of prom-queens when I think of Pam haha. I'm with you, I don't care for Pam either but Pamela's nice enough. Perhaps Pamela Anderson has something to do with it, too.

Paloma might be a nice variation?

I hope Pam weighs in on this post! Interesting to know if she likes how name!
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!