Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hang-up's with girls names!

Sylvie - had an aunt Sylvia who I used to call Sylvie, would be a very meaningful name for me. Like it as I think it's both cute and classic, but does it sound too old? -- I love the name Sylvie and you're fortunate that it's a family name!

Sasha/Sacha. Is this too similar sounding to my name (Natasha)?! -- Yes.

Cameron. Love the Scotish connection as my husbands family are Scots, so would go well with our surname. Love Cammie as a nn! -- I also love the name Cameron nn Cammie!

Rachel. Our very ordinary and boring choice, but there's something about it, it's pretty sounding! Too boring? -- It's one of my faves, but has been overused, especially in the Eastern United States. If you live out West, you could use it.

Francesca. Like the style of this name, classy and Italian, but hate the nn Fran. -- I love Frances and Francesca nn Francie.

We have chosen Nate as a boy's name, so if I end up with a boy and girl, I would like something that sounds good with this. I would lengthen Nate to either Nathaniel or Nathan on his birth certificate. I think Nate would go with any of your choices as long as he has a longer more formal name for formal occasions.

Thank you ladies! Some really nice suggestions there. I like Rowan and Krista, and love the alternative nicknames for Francesca. I live in the UK, and Rachel is not that overused over here anymore, although it was when I was growing up. I also love Natalia, but again, too close to my name!

So, your vote has confirmed what I already knew deep down - it has to be Sylvie! I also had a French friend called Sylvie and she was like a tiny French Audrey Hepburn!! She was so sassy and unique - so all in all the name has fab conotations for me! Just told hubbie about this post, and he also agrees with me (and most of you!) Didn't think he would, he has always wanted Francesca!

Thanks again, I feel heaps better. Just keeping my fingers crossed now...!

Nat
    x

Quote Originally Posted by capirossi
    Thank you ladies! Some really nice suggestions there. I like Rowan and Krista, and love the alternative nicknames for Francesca. I live in the UK, and Rachel is not that overused over here anymore, although it was when I was growing up. I also love Natalia, but again, too close to my name!

So, your vote has confirmed what I already knew deep down - it has to be Sylvie! I also had a French friend called Sylvie and she was like a tiny French Audrey Hepburn!! She was so sassy and unique - so all in all the name has fab conotations for me! Just told hubbie about this post, and he also agrees with me (and most of you!) Didn't think he would, he has always wanted Francesca!

Thanks again, I feel heaps better. Just keeping my fingers crossed now...!

Nat
    x
    Yep, that's definitely a good choice! Sylvie is just gorgeous, IMO it's one of the most beautiful girls names. Have you sorted out a middle name yet?

Thank you Rosie! I am now happy with my choice!! We have decided against middle names. To be honest, none of our families have them, so we don't really feel the need. Although, saying that, I quite like the sound of Sylvie Francesca........!! Maybe I'll get to work on hubbie, say it's a good compromise ;-) lol