Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: need sister's name for Taylor Anne

I am like the suggestion of Tamsin

Thank you for all of your great ideas! We have a lot to consider. Here are a few others that we had written down. Do any of these "go" : Leah Anne, Ryan/Ryanne/Rianne Ann (or is Ryan to boyish? ), Hanna/Hannah Anne, Kyla Ann/Anne, Kira Ann/Anne?
    Our last name is McCarthy.... A subtle Irish/celtic flair is a plus, and we are looking for a name that is "middle of the road" ie not too boyish or too girlie. (I do like Lane/Laine and Regan, among several others...)

Thank you for all of your great ideas! We have a lot to consider. Here are a few others that we had written down. Do any of these "go" : Leah Anne, Ryan/Ryanne/Rianne Ann (or is Ryan to boyish? ), Hanna/Hannah Anne, Kyla Ann/Anne, Kira Ann/Anne?
    Our last name is McCarthy.... A subtle Irish/celtic flair is a plus, and we are looking for a name that is "middle of the road" ie not too boyish or too girlie. (I do like Lane/Laine and Regan, among several others...)

Leah Anne: I don't think Leah Anne flows well (the ending of Leah and the A in Anne require me to stop when I say it), and the Biblical Leah doesn't work with the surname Taylor.

Ryan/Ryanne/Rianne Ann: To me, Ryan is a boys' name, and only a boys' name, but if you use it, I hope you'll use the authentic spelling because the "yooneek" Ryanne and Rianne spellings simply make the name look misspelled, and not unique. (Plus, your litte girl will constantly have to correct people's spelling.) :-(

Hanna/Hannah Anne: Like Leah, Hannah doesn't work with Taylor, and Hannah Anne doesn't work, because Hannah contains "ann." It's rather like Anna Anne, but with an H.

Kyla Ann/Anne, Kira Ann/Anne?: I'm not a fan of Kyla or Kira, and because the first name ends in A, the name doesn't flow well to me. I'm sorry! :-(

I'd stay away from feminine names. Have you thought of using Annabelle as a middle name, as opposed to Anne?

Irish/Celtic roots (I'm sure most of these have been mentioned):
    Bronwen/Bronwyn
    Cassidy
    Connelly
    Delaney
    Darby
    Finley
    Flynn
    Larkin
    Shea
    Tierney

Good luck!

I really like Jill's idea of the unisex names with an Irish feel. Delaney, Rowan, Regan, Quincy, Flynn, Teagan -- I think any of these sound great with Taylor, with Anne in the middle, and with your last name. I would definitely go in this directly rather than toward a more girly name like Tessa.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry