Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of the name Mira?...any other suggestions?

We are thinking about naming our daughter Mira Grace, but are not confident yet. Some people have said Mira will be mispronounced or that they just don't like it. Please give me your honest opinion or other ideas. I just thought of Ella Grace today. Thoughts on it?

Here are some other names I like but we won't use b/c we have close friends who have used these names. Do you have any suggestions for similar names? I've realized I really like names that end in "a". (Hannah, Elliana, Emma, Olivia (husband doesn't like), Abigail, Grace

Thanks for your input!

Re: What do you think of the name Mira?...any other suggestions?

Mira is a beautiful name and more widely used than it used to be so it's far less likely to be mispronounced than a generation ago (also, people have been exposed to it through Mira Sorvino and Mira Nair, so it has some familiarity but not overexposure). I would use it in a heartbeat if I liked the sound of it with my last name a little more. It's romantic without being too frilly, has a nice meaning, and is also culturally versatile. Ella is also a good choice but its sound is becoming somewhat overexposed at the moment because of all the Bellas, etc.

Some other suggestions for names ending with "a:"

Alma
    Bianca
    Keira
    Leah
    Alana
    Petra
    Lydia
    Jenna
    Mara
    Lena
    Vera
    Nadia
    Lilia
    Bria

Adding to the ending in a list...

Nyla
    Hannah
    Maya
    Nora

I think Mira is beautiful! Mira rhymes with Vera yes?
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

I love the name Mira. It can stand alone or be a nn for Miriam or Mirabelle/Mirabella. I pronounce it MEER-uh. I would say that it's within my top five favorite names for girls because it goes well with my last name. Do you think it could also be a nn for Miranda?
    I know of a lady named Miri, and I like that name a lot, too. Miri can be a nn for Mira. MEER-ee. So pretty!
    I also love the name Vera as a nn for Veronica. Gorgeous!