Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Alane? I know the spelling is weird...

I would pronounce it similar to Elaine. I doubt there would be pronunciation problems. I think the family significance is worth the different spelling. Would you use it as a first or middle name? If you'd use it in the middle, I really wouldn't worry about it at all.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

We've always thought we'd use it as a middle name, but the significance of it made us start to consider it as a first name as nothing else has really struck our fancy. :)

I pronounced it as "Arlarna" when I first saw it, but I've just been doing my german homework.
    It's nice to have a name that honors both your dad and sister. I'd say use it in the middle to avoid pronounciation difficulties.

I automatically think of the French male name Alain, too. I'd use Alana! I think that would honor both family members. You could call her Laney.

How you do pronounce the french boys name Alain? I've never heard of it and I was just curious since everyone keeps discussing it. :) Thanks!