Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Alane? I know the spelling is weird...

But let me explain. My dad's name is Alan. My sister's middle name is Lane. Take off the "e" and it's Alan. Take off the "A" and it's Lane. I really liked the idea but I really despise strange spellings of names. Is Alane too weird? If you saw it, how would you pronounce it? Again, just an idea....don't be too harsh on me. LOL And if you have any other suggestions, that's cool too. Thanks!

Re: Alane? I know the spelling is weird...

I really like the idea of honoring family, but it does look a bit weird...it could be worse, though. I say if you can get past the non-traditional spelling, go for it. Its one thing to do it JUST to be different (which is odd), but kinda nice when the reason is "family".

Oh, and I pronounced it "ah-LANE"
    hope that's right ;)

I have to say, it does look slightly odd, kind of like someone made a typo on Alana. Also, there is a French boys name Alain [ah-LANE], which is how I think most would pronounce Alane. Did that make sense?!

Though I do love the sentiment :)

I prefer the pronunciation of Ah-lane. Similar to Elaine, but with an A. That is how I would pronounce it. I'm just wondering if you all would say it the same way.

I'd pronounce it Alaine, but at first, I thought it was intended to be the French boys' name Alain. Hmm...

What about Alana?