Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: ADVICE NEEDED!!

ADVICE NEEDED!!

I'm due in August with our first baby..a girl. We really want a classic name that will not sound dated in the future. We would also like a family name as either the middle or first. Please let me know what you think of our names. Thanks for your help!

Caroline Elizabeth Olson
    (initials would be C.E.O. is that too weird? Elizabeth is my husband's Grandmother's name)

Caroline Grace Olson

Elizabeth Catherine Olson

Katherine Elizabeth Olson (Catherine with a K so the initials wouldn't be C.E.O)

Catherine Georgia Olson (Georgia is my Mom's name)

Re: ADVICE NEEDED!!

I realize this won't be helpful...but I love EACH of the names you've proposed. Classic, beautiful, timeless! I woudn't worry about "CEO" too much. I love Catherine spelled with a "C" (in particular, I love the nickname "Cate"). Also love Georgia as either a first or a middle.

You can't go wrong!

I agree, you really can't go wrong! But if I had to pick, my three faves are:

Caroline Elizabeth (wouldn't worry about the initials)
    Caroline Grace
    Catherine Georgia

Have you thought about Georgia Elizabeth to honor both family members?
    :: o l i v e ::

Quote Originally Posted by ambermae
    I'm due in August with our first baby..a girl. We really want a classic name that will not sound dated in the future. We would also like a family name as either the middle or first. Please let me know what you think of our names. Thanks for your help!

Caroline Elizabeth Olson
    (initials would be C.E.O. is that too weird? Elizabeth is my husband's Grandmother's name)

Caroline Grace Olson

Katherine Elizabeth Olson (Catherine with a K so the initials wouldn't be C.E.O)

I totally agree with the other posters about you having some amazing names from which to choose!

My personal favorite name from your list is Georgia. I really like Georgia Caroline Olson (although Georgia doesn't flow very well with Olson).

Wait. I'm changing my vote to work better with your last name....Let's see...

I'll pick Caroline Elizabeth, Caroline Grace, and Catherine Elizabeth.

Best wishes to you!

Quote Originally Posted by ambermae

Caroline Elizabeth Olson

Caroline Grace Olson

All of these names are gorgeous. This is what to do. Pretend that you have all daughter quadruplets. Name them all these names. Now if you were a princess in a royal family and someone said you only get to name one little princess baby because you have to name the other three after different royal relatives, which of these names would you absolutely insist on keeping?

Would you keep:
    Caroline or Elizabeth? If it were me, I'd keep Elizabeth.
    Elizabeth or Catherine? That is a toughy for me. I think I'd have to name her either Catherine Elizabeth or Elizabeth Catherine.
    Katherine or Elizabeth or Catherine? I love Catherine more than Katherine, so I could eliminate Katherine.

Okay, so I showed you how I eliminate names - maybe it will work for you. You have lovely taste! All the above names sound like princess names.