Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ophelia

Ophelia

What do you think of Ophelia?

Beautiful? Or too dark?

Too much teasing potential?

I am thinking of it for a sister to Eva. Possibly a twin to Sylvie. Still working on the twin names. Thanks.

Re: Ophelia

Hi Pomme,

While I think Ophelia is pretty (it's not too dark for me, but I think it will be for some), I'd be too afraid of the "I'll feel ya" jokes in middle school to use the name myself. I also have a habit of putting prefixes on the name when I hear it, like "hemophelia" and "pedophelia," which gives me pause.

A friend of mine just used this name for her baby, and she's already wishing she'd used it as a middle name due to the potential teasing.

If you're worried about teasing, why not use it as a middle? It works really with some of the names you may be considering with Sylvie, like:

Daphne Ophelia
    Esme Ophelia

I love Eva, and can't wait to see the names you choose for the twins!

Thanks, I can't wait to see, too. I don't think I'll know til I am in the hospital.

It is a little too dark for me - middle name would be better but . . . Still pretty dark. I think of the book Reviving Ophelia (or something like that) describing girls who are passive and sad that isn't the association I would want for a little girl. However, of course, that's just me!

It would be a great middle name.