Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Would you mind taking a look at my list?

Good luck, Smitty!

P.S. Everyone, Zard (Elizabeth) had her baby! Check it out in the Tell Us What You Named Your Baby thread!

Thanks for those ideas, Jill! Love Lydia. I was meaning to ask you - for me, Margaret is an ok name with great nicknames, but I have always been hesitent about it (and the similar Margo) because my name is Megan. I know they aren't the same name, but they have the same root . . . do you think it is too close? I appreciate everyone taking the time to come up with these great suggestions :) I am slowly running them by the sweetie . . . .

I'm sorry! I forgot you're a Megan. :-) You know, they are pretty close, but not if you'd like it to be in your honor, and if you'll be calling her Daisy or Maisie. I think Mabel is awesome as a Maisie source, though, and I think it's much spunkier and fresher than Margaret. :-)

I love the names on your list, and hope your husband likes them, too! :-) Good luck!

Christian- This makes me think of a boy's name. It's still pretty though.
    Milly- Cute but I like it more as a nickname.
    Josie- Cute, as a nickname... I love Josephine or Josephina though.
    Alice LOVE IT!!!
    Mabel/Maisie I think Mabel is nice. You NEVER here it and it has a country vintage feel.
    Gemma Also different..
    Jemima I know of only one where I live in TN, unfortunately it always just makes me think of pancakes and syrup.
    Dinah I love thins, it has such a light pretty sound to it.
    Lousia- Never thought of this but very regal and sophisticated.
    Martha- I like this okay. I prefer Margaret or Maggie for short.

Here are a few others..
    Annie- Another comfy classic name. Common but I wouldn't say overused.
    Eliza- Southern country feel to it.
    Pearl- I think it's simple and beautiful.
    Susannah- Biblical but not used much these days.
    Matilda- Also very old fashioned, I don't know of any.
    Millicent- Milly for short. Very southern and old fashioned.
    Caroline- I know it's common, but I just love it. I think Carly is a cute spunky nickname too.
    Talia- Very old fashioned, and pretty!
    Evelyn- Very pretty, used to be a grandma's name not it's due for a come back! Evie is cute too.
    Rosalyn- I just like it, very vintage.
    Adaline- Very Victorian and has a county feel.
    Adalyn- Addie is so sweet, I just love this name!
    Lydia- Lydie is sweet and old fashioned.

Cosmicmama - Thanks so much I love your ideas :) I really love Rosalyn and Caroline. My mom's name is Robin, Caroline Robin is pretty . . . I also like your idea of Annie/Anne, it would be a way to honor my sister - Do you all think Anne Smith is too plain though? Let's see, could be Anne Emery Smith or maybe Anna Paige Smith. Anna Ruth? I really love Matilda (how cute it Tilly?) but am a little worried that it might get more popular. Anyway, you have some great country/vintage names to add to my list! I am very pleased that Mabel/Maisie and Dinah are going over fairly well, I really am loving those two right now!