Names Searched Right Now:

One of these names is not like the others...

I'm trying to create a cohesive list of sibling names. Tell me which names you think go together, and which ones just don't belong! Thanks. Last name Jackson.

Girl names
    - - -
    Arabella Mae
    Vivienne Iris
    Dahlia Adeline
    Aurora Miriam
    Hannah Eleanor
    Edith Rushton
    Rosemary Ellen
    Adora Maisy
    Zaylia Michelle
    Leilani Elizabeth

Boy names
    - - -
    Greyson Pax (Grey)
    Miles Greyson
    Phineas David or Phineas Rush (Finn)
    Patton Azariah
    Marius Phoenix
    Solomon August (Sol)
    Atticus Powell
    Trevin Asher (Trev)
    Josiah Owen

Please feel free to make comments on the names themselves, too.

Re: One of these names is not like the others...

Girl names
    - - -
    Arabella Mae - pretty
    Vivienne Iris - I love this
    Dahlia Adeline - pretty, too
    Aurora Miriam - very lovely and I love the nn Rory
    Hannah Eleanor - I love the name Hannah, but it's too popular.
    Edith Rushton - I don't really like Edith, but I bet I'll like it pretty soon. It's going to grow on me. Love the nn Edie.
    Rosemary Ellen - I have thought of this combo myself. Love nns Romy and Rosy. When she gets older she could be a Rose. But I went to this junior high school called Rosemont which I just hated. Part of the problem was almost every day the cafeteria made soup which smelled like body odor. Rosemont sounds a lot like Rosemary to me. But it wouldn't be a problem for the vast majority of people.
    Adora Maisy - don't like Adora that much. It would be a lot to live up to. Like when you're in school and the boy at the desk next to yours drops his pencil and it rolls under your desk. Then he has to say, Adora (as if he's Romeo and you're Juliet), could you pass me my pencil? I think it would be too much.
    Zaylia Michelle - I don't care for this. For me Michelle is dated.
    Leilani Elizabeth - For me this is a really pretty name, but doesn't go with many of the others. I love Leilani in Reality Bytes.

Boy names
    - - -
    Greyson Pax (Grey) - Ooh, I'm biased. I know a Grayson who looks like Frankenstein. But it's probably a great name.
    Miles Greyson - can't get over the Greyson. I'm biased again. I love Miles.
    Phineas David or Phineas Rush (Finn) - love this.
    Patton Azariah - I think of General Patton. He grew up in a city near mine. Don't like Azariah.
    Marius Phoenix - cool
    Solomon August (Sol) - I like this. Unusual combo.
    Atticus Powell - I love Atticus Finch!
    Trevin Asher (Trev) - I like Trevor better than Trevin.
    Josiah Owen - this is really cute!

You've got a kind of slouchy, cool, fun style going here. The ones that don't work for me are:

Patton - the general association isn't slouch cool - it's a bit startling for me.
    Leilani - Not slouchy. Sprightly.
    Zaylia - pretty sound. I just don't like it. I bet other posters will like it, and if Lola likes it then I will unexpectedly start liking it more. That always happens!
    Adora - I really don't like it. Sorry!

Love all your other choices! You have wonderful taste in names!

Hannah definitely doesn't fit with the rest of your girls. They're all old-fashioned beauties, whereas Hannah is extremely dated. She was just too popular in the early 90s. I have a classroom full of them at the high school level (along with "Steel Magnolias" spawned Shelby and "Little Mermaid" Ariel).

Among the boys, Trevin is by far the odd duck. I've never heard the name, so it feels made-up to me (whether it is or not). And once again, amidst all the old-fashioned goodness, you have one that feels like it was drawn straight from the late 80s pool of Trevor/Trenton/Travis.

The rest of them are gorgeous, though, right up my ally. :)

Susan, I totally get your Adora/Juliet thing. Would Adora work as a middle name, do you think? Maisy Adora? Nobody really hears her middle name anyway, usually just the parents.

Rush(ton) is a family name, and I'd love your opinion on it... I told someone I didn't want people to associate with Rush Limbaugh, and they said that at least my child's peers wouldn't get it. In any case, I like Rushton better than Rush, but nicknames are inevitable.

Instead of Patton, what about Paxton? I think I may like it better anyway.

With Greyson, I'm not sure if I like it spelled with an A or an E. Grayson/Greyson.

I fell in love with a toddler named Trevin who attends our church. I thought the name was weird at first, but I love calling him Trev. I don't like Trevor, Travis, or anything similar. Weird, huh? Anyway, I was hoping the "Asher" would balance the name; apparently not. :)

I'm a really big fan of Rosemary the herb/essential oil.

I'm really glad that overall, you like my style. I'm a massage therapist (hence the earthiness I'm going for), and I really like Hebrew names. At the same time, I'm very well-read and love references to classic literature. It's a delicate balance. :) Thanks for your opinions so far...