Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: opinions on sister for william and clara

William and Clara are two of my very favorite names!
    As much as I love Charlotte and Caroline, I would go with Julia, so your third child could have her own unique initial. Josephine is a fabulous choice, too. I saw that one of the posters recommended it. Since William and Clara are your children's names and they are on my faves list, maybe you would like to know some of my other faves for girls:
    Georgia nn Georgie
    Anna
    Daphne
    Melina
    Helena
    Beatrice nn Bea
    Flora
    Frances nn Francie
    Lucy
    Alice
    Evelyn nn Evie
    Eleanor nn Nora
    Iris
    Josephine
    Katherine
    Catherine (starts with "c")
    Caroline - ditto
    Charlotte - ditto
    Sylvia
    Laura
    Margaret nn Maisie
    Rebecca nn Becca
    Rachel
    Penelope nn Nell
    Phoebe
    Genevieve nn Eve, Evie
    Susannah
    Theresa nn Tessa
    Veronica nn Vera
    Vivian nn Vivi and Viv
    Matilda nn Tillie, Tilda, Mattie
    Irene - means peace
    Celeste - does start with "c", but it is a soft "c", so it's different that Clara.
    Jane

Thank you all so much for your help. It's funny how so many of your suggested names are ones either my husband or I have really liked, but have had to rule out because they are the same as other family member's names. I guess great minds really do think alike! :)

We are now debating between Julia Caroline and Charlotte Anne; we like both very much, so we may just wait and see if she "looks" like either one.

I also like the idea of this little one having her own initial, especially since she is only 2 years apart from her sister Clara and they will no doubt be sharing most everything. Maybe she can have her own initial at the very least!

Also, that is good advice about mangling Clara and Caroline when I'm calling them at the park or wherever. They do have similar sounds.

My only reservation about Charlotte is that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way it looks on paper or written in type, but I am not sure I am crazy about saying aloud. That probably sounds crazy, but I just keep struggling to say it, whereas Julia just rolls off my tongue. Another factor pushing me towards Julia is when I was trying to get my daughter to say it (right now it's just "bee bee"), her best efforts came up short. However, she did coin an adorable nickname (and I'm not someone who has to have a name with a nn) that would be a great family pet name: Lula. I don't think Lula is officially short for Julia, but when you think about it, I can see how a two year-old would combine the sounds and come up with it. This kind of pulls on my heartstrings a bit. Of course, my four year-old son says Julia is "thumbs down" and likes Charlotte, but I am not going to put too much stock into that opinion; it could change tomorrow!

Thanks again, and if you think of other ideas, I've still got a few weeks to go!

Hi there! You don't like how Charlotte sounds, so I think you've answered your own question! Julia Caroline is so lovely, and you could always go with Julia Charlotte to please the whole family! :-)

Some other random Julia combos:
    Julia Beatrix
    Julia Camille
    Julia Frances
    Julia Kate
    Julia Margaret
    Julia Margot
    Julia Rosalie
    Julia Scarlett
    Julia Violet

(Julia Caroline is my favorite, though!) :-)

P.S. The Lula nickname from your little girl is darling, and even though your son likes Charlotte now, tomorrow he may prefer Elmo or Thor. :-)

Both of those names are so so beautiful! I'm with you though, Julia Caroline just flows perfectly. Congrads :)

Julia Caroline is a wonderful choice! I love the nn Lula and never thought of it for Julia. It is very sweet especially since it comes from big sis Clara. Best of luck and let us know when she arrives.