Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

opinions on sister for william and clara

Hello,
    I've really enjoyed reading these thoughtful posts, and now I hope I can receive some thoughtful feedback!
    In a mere month, we're welcoming a daughter to join big brother William and big sister Clara. My husband and I spent about 5 minutes total deciding their names during my previous pregnancies; they were family names and favorites--no brainers! But we're struggling to find a similarly classic name to fit our new baby girl.
    Here are our favorites for first names:
    Julia
    Charlotte
    Caroline (My favorite, but it's tempered by the fact that it's not my husband's hands-down favorite, and we know quite a few Carolines. But I still love it.)

We'd love to work a meaningful family name into her name as well-perhaps as a middle- such as:
    Anne (Both of our mother's middle names, and similar to my name, Anna)
    Eva (Husband's grandmother's name; Clara is named after my grandmother, so that would be neat to have the two girls carry granny names. However we're not crazy about it as a first name. I don't know if it's "us")

Any ideas on combinations that work better than others? What is your opinion on how they sound with William and Clara? Am I stressing over nothing?
    I should mention that our last name is one syllable, so we definitely want to do two or more syllables. There are so many classic, feminine choices out there, but unfortunately, we have a huge family and many of my favorites are taken. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Re: opinions on sister for william and clara

Of the names you listed I love Charlotte Anne.

I also Love Caroline so much but not with Anne or Eva. Could you use Eve? Caroline Eve? Do you like Eve as a first? Eve Caroline has a pretty sound.

If your DH doesn't like Caroline, how about Carolina? Needs a 1 syllable in the middle I think:

Carolina Eve
    Carolina Faye
    Carolina Rose
    Carolina Joy
    Carolina Maye
    Carolina Pearl
    Carolina Skye
    Carolina Blythe
    Carolina Dawn

Some others with Anne and Eva/Eve just for fun:
    Galen Anne
    Violet Anne
    Margaret Anne nn Maisie
    Mallory Anne
    Laurel Anne
    Willa Anne
    Bridget Anne

Josephine Eve nn Josie
    Jacqueline Eve
    Isabel Eve
    Eugenie Eve

You can also use Anne within the first name:
    Vivianne
    Carolanne
    Leanndra
    Proud mama to Lucia Marie (3) and Halle Regina born July 12th!

Hi, Anna, and welcome to Nameberry! :-) I LOVE William and Clara!

Julia: I adore Julia (and Juliet, as well), and it sounds lovely with William and Clara (as does Juliet).

Charlotte: This is amazing with William and Clara!

Caroline (My favorite, but it's tempered by the fact that it's not my husband's hands-down favorite, and we know quite a few Carolines. But I still love it.): I love Caroline, too, but not as much as Julia/Juliet and Charlotte with William and Clara. Plus, your husband isn't over the moon about it, which is critical and what truly matters.

Of your choices, I honestly can't pick between Julia and Charlotte, so I'll go with Julia Charlotte. :-) Honestly, either (even Caroline) would be gorgeous! You can't go wrong with these choices!

Julia Charlotte
    Julia Caroline
    Julia Catherine
    Julia Clementine

Charlotte Eve
    Charlotte Evangeline

Eve Julia
    Eve Caroline
    Eve Catherine

I love Anne and Annabel/Annabelle, and alternatives to Eva include: Eve, Evelyn, Evangeline, and Genevieve.

Some more random ideas:
    Annabel
    Alice
    Amelia
    Beatrix/Beatrice
    Clementine
    Celia
    Diana (contains Anne's sound...)
    Eve
    Evangeline
    Evelyn
    Eleanor
    Eliza
    Frances
    Genevieve
    Georgia
    Georgiana
    Helena
    Hazel
    Iris
    Juliet
    Louisa
    Lucy
    Nora
    Phoebe
    Susannah
    Viola
    Winifred

Edit to add Juliet combos that work with Eva-ish names:
    Juliet Eve
    Juliet Evangeline

Best wishes!

I was thinking about your names, and wanted to mention that Clara and Caroline are very similar in sound, and you may find yourself in the midst of a tongue-twister while addressing them by name. If you add an L to Caroline, it's Claroline, and I know I'd often mangle Clara and Caroline when saying them together! This may just be me, but I thought I'd mention it.! :-)

Love William and Clara! You have great taste. Of your three choices, I like Charlotte the best, with Julia being a close second. Caroline is a beautiful name, but I do agree that it has a very similar sound to Clara.

Charlotte Anne (a beautiful classic)
    Charlotte Caroline
    Charlotte Annabel (cute as a button!)
    Charlotte Eve
    Charlotte Evelyn

Julia Charlotte
    Julia Charlotte Anne
    Julianne Charlotte
    Julia Evelyn

Best of luck!
    :: o l i v e ::