Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too juvenile?

Not juvenile at all. If anything, it sounds like a name that a little boy would have to grow into. Its a great name.

When I read 'juvenile' I was expecting something like Braydyn or something really trendy. But I wouldn't describe Augustin as trendy or Juvenile, I think it sounds way more classic and serious. It's a great name
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

All of the "August" names are strong and masculine so I don't think you have to worry about Augustin. I was actually surprised that Augustin was the name when I saw your post entitled "too juvenile"? I was expecting something like Alfie or Mickey. Augustin is a fine name.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I agree with the PPs. Augustin is a long time love for me and it feels like it could suit any age.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

Not at all? So many English names end in the -in sound. Augustin will age fine.

I do worry that the English/French pronunciation of the names are just too different. Just Auguste would probably be an easier choice.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.