Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need confirmation

I need opinions. My husband and I have 4 children and are about to have our fifth and our last! We have chosen the name Finneas for our son...some rave over the name but I have a lot of family that snarl at it and it's making me second guess our choice. My husbands name is John and I like that for a middle name (Finneas John)...we would call him Finn. Our other children's names are Chase, Noah, Jada, and Zach. I think Finn flows with those but I get to many mixed opinions. Our last name is Direito (sounds like the chip). What do you think?

Re: Need confirmation

I don't think Finneas is particularly bad wth the rest of your kids. I do know I'd spell it properly: Phineas and call him Finn. But other than that, he goes fine with the older kids and if you & your husband agree on him, that's really all that matters. Tell the others "We've changed our minds, Not Phineas, rather Ptolemy" Watch them choke on their coffee! And then announce differently when he's born. They'll be so happy he's not Ptolemy... :D
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

I think Finn is great! One of my favorites.

Finneas has a nice sound, and I love the nickname Finn. However when I look it up in the "check out a name" box to the left, there is no listing of Finneas. It is spelled Phineas. If you look it up, you can read about it. Finn would be a fine nickname for Phineas. You could also name your son Finnian and call him Finn. I think if you had a very simple last name, it would be all right to use an unusual spelling for a first name. But since your last name is Direito, I personally would use Finnian to keep things easy. Finnian is spelled the way it sounds-no "ph" at the beginning. Finnian is a little more common than Phineas. Also the "n" sound at the end of Finnian sounds nicer to me with the beginning "d" sound of your last name. They flow better than Phineas Direito. Although most of the time he would probably go by the nickname Finn so most of the time it wouldn't matter. And most people don't notice sounds the way I do! Finnian, Phineas, and Finn all sound very good with your other childrens' names, too. Hope that was helpful!

I love Finn! Stick to your guns. Your family won't care about the name once he's here.