Names Searched Right Now:

Boy/Girl Twins - We love Lola and Luka, but is it too much?

Hi Everyone

My first post...

I am 22 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins, and we really love the names Lola and Luka, but I wonder if it's too many L's? We really have our heart set on naming our girl Lola, and can't come up with any other boys names (so far).

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Boy/Girl Twins - We love Lola and Luka, but is it too much?

How about Hudson, Duke, Enzo, Theodore nn Theo or just plain Theo, Charles nn Charlie, Miles, George, Jack, Jasper, Ansel, Dimitri/Dmitri, Frank, Xavier, Zane, Edwin, Wyatt, Clive, August, Dashiell, Asher, or Henry?
    My faves on this list are Hudson, Charles nn Charlie, Ansel, Wyatt, Dashiell, and Henry. I think my very favorite is Charlie (Charles). I love Charlie so much!

Lola and Luka work for me, because they're both short names with the same rhythm: stress on the first syllable, soft a ending, long vowel in the middle. (Susan, you're rubbing off on me!) Plus they're both high-energy, exotic names.

It sounds, though, like you're not entirely comfortable with the pairing. How about Finn, Nico, Julian, Arno, Ezra, Charlie? Maybe Valentino, nn Val? Lola and Val sound like totally cool kids. :)

I think that Lola and Luka are cute without being cutesy! Here are some other names that you can try out with Lola: Milo, Beau, Finn, Wyatt and Hugo. Honestly though, I think what you have is great :)