Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sister for Anthony and Samantha

My husband and I cannot agree on a name. Sure, there are a few names we both like, but they've all been vetoed for one reason or another. And we're both so picky. I'm insistent that the name go with our other kids names, Samantha and Anthony, which to me means that the name should...

* Not be too unusual. Samantha and Anthony are both top 20 names, and picking something really bizarre would make this baby's name stand out. I want it to fit. ( But it shouldn't be too common either, I don't want her to be one of three girls with the same name in her classroom.)
    * Not be anything that could be a boys name. There are plenty of names out there that work just fine for a boy or girl, but Samantha is such a girly name, I think her sister's name should be feminine too.
    * Not sound too much like Samantha or Anthony. Antonia and Savannah are out.
    * Has a nickname. This is weird I know, but both my kids have nicknames... Tony and Sam/Sami. I like names that can have fun, shortened nicknames, or if they grow up and want to be serious, they can go by their full name.

Re: Sister for Anthony and Samantha

Quote Originally Posted by lealoo
    My husband and I cannot agree on a name. Sure, there are a few names we both like, but they've all been vetoed for one reason or another. And we're both so picky. I'm insistent that the name go with our other kids names, Samantha and Anthony, which to me means that the name should...

* Not be too unusual. Samantha and Anthony are both top 20 names, and picking something really bizarre would make this baby's name stand out. I want it to fit. ( But it shouldn't be too common either, I don't want her to be one of three girls with the same name in her classroom.)
    * Not be anything that could be a boys name. There are plenty of names out there that work just fine for a boy or girl, but Samantha is such a girly name, I think her sister's name should be feminine too.
    * Not sound too much like Samantha or Anthony. Antonia and Savannah are out.
    * Has a nickname. This is weird I know, but both my kids have nicknames... Tony and Sam/Sami. I like names that can have fun, shortened nicknames, or if they grow up and want to be serious, they can go by their full name.

boys: Joseph nn Joe, Benjamin nn Ben, Thomas nn Tom, Henry nn Hank, William nn Will, Timothy nn Tim, Matthew nn Matt, Nicholas nn Nick, Charles nn Charlie, Andrew nn Drew, Zachary nn Zack, John nn Jack, Christopher nn Topher, Vincent nn Vin or Vince (this is going to get a lot more popular, but I doubt it will get into the top ten. It would be so cute with Anthony because it sounds Italian. Nicholas would be so cute, too. It sounds Greek. Leonardo nn Leo sounds Italian, too!
    girls: Victoria nn Tory, Katherine nn Kate, Madeline nn Maddie, Eleanor nn Ellie, Helena nn Lena, Lillian nn Lily, Clara nn Claire, Chloe-no nickname, Evelyn nn Eve or Evie (this is actually in the top 100 in many states!), Audrey-no nickname, Jocelyn-not super popular unless you live in California, Charlotte nn Lottie, Elizabeth nn Lizzy.
    Let me know if you want me to think of more.

I'm too tired to think of any on my own right now, but i wanted to say that i love susan's suggestions of Victoria (except i don't the nickname Tory OR Vicky), Katherine, Eleanor (but i always must point out that i think Eleanora is a much prettier version), and most of all I think Charlotte with the nickname Lottie (or Lotta) sounds perfect with Anthony and Samantha... except for the possible Sex and the City connection, but that's not really an issue unless you're a giant fan, or you name two more girls Carrie and Miranda. Anyway, Anthony, Samantha and Charlotte... Tony, Sami, Lottie... perfect.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Thanks so much for the replies. We had some serious snow here and this is the first chance I've had to get to the computer. You guys had some great suggestions. I'm especially amused about Charlotte... I've been trying to get my husband to warm up to that name for all three of my pregnancies! His name is Charles though, and for some reason he has never liked the idea of naming a daughter after him.