Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stella

Stella

She spent ten years out the rankings, then crept back in in 1998 at number 907. She jumped about 100 places every year from then until 2004 and has spent the last 4 years in the 200s, coming in at 244 in 2007 (241 in 2006), the highest she's been since 1965. Now there have been two recent starbabies given the name, Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott's Stella Doreen, and Gena Lee Nolin's Stella Monroe. Do you think that'll boost her numbers? Are we getting geared up for a generation of little Stella's?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: Stella

I do believe that Stella will soar, considering (a.) it has been used by celebrities and (b.) is similar to extremely popular names such as Ella, Bella, etc.
    With these and many other good things going for it, I think we will see quite a few more little Stellas joining all the little Bellas and Ellas on the playground.

Simon Baker of "The Mentalist" also has a Stella, Stella Breeze. So lovely!
    I think it will follow the "ella" crowd, but stand out due to its Latinate roots and its sort of standing out sound (the st- beginning).

Me three. I consdidered Stella for Josephine for the other half (he was a fan of Stella Stevens' when he was a kid) But I ultimately said 'no' for the same reason. She's attractive, has a bit more oomph than Ella or Bella and has a neat literary connection (even if it is a bit annoying at times). Stella's lovely and thanks to all the other -ella names, is definitely going places. I have a feeling I'm not going to tire of hearing Stella like I have Ella & Bella, though.
    Mama to Leo Sebastian, Simon Ambrose, Josephine Rosamel &
    Angel: 05/09/11

Visit my blog: www.lolamac.wordpress.com

My best friend chose Stella for her now-three-year-old. I love it! We were both really excited about the name; at the time, I'd only heard it on a couple of star babies, like Melanie Griffith's and Dave Matthews. Now I'm hearing it much more, but I still never tire of it; for me it's Tennessee William's "Stella for Star" all day long. :)