Names Searched Right Now:
Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Re: What do you think of YOUR name?

My name is Anna Elizabeth and I really like it. When I was a kid I wished I had a more glamorous name, such as Alexia or Christiana but then I realized Anna really is a nice name. It's classic and popular but not too popular. It's feminine and easy to spell (Anna is, anyway).
    My parents gave all of us Bible names (besides me: Susannah Ruth, Lydia Abigail, and Nathanael James), but I was also named for my mother's middle name and her best friend's name.

My name is Christine Elizabeth but I go by Christy 90% of the time. I've never really cared for it. When I was little I hated it with a passion. I knew 3 other girls with my same exact name and a million girls with some variation of it (Christy, Kristin, Chrissy, Christina) It was such a pain, I always wanted something more unique and exotic. In middle school I started to try out different nicknames like Chrissy, Chrissa, and Chris.Nothing really stuck though. To top it all of my middle name is for my great grandma Dolly who nobody liked so it didn't even have sentimental meaning for me. Now I don't care so much. Christy fits me, its a friendly kind of a name. Plus, it's easy to pronounce and since I am a preschool teacher that is a big plus.

My name Is Lucia Elizabeth and I hated it as a kid. I was named after my 2 grandmothers, but it could have been much worse..the alternative was Maude Frances. I've always gone by Luci, because growing up in the 70's and 80's no one had exotic names like Lucia (Loo-ch-ia). My best friend (Ruth Ann) and I grew up wishing that our "old lady" names were Jennifer or Heather, but now we both really appreciate the uniqueness of our names and their history. I still get "oh my dog is named Lucy..ALOT!! or what's your name again? Lupita ?(when I try to use Lucia) but it just makes me laugh. My son is named Spencer William Henry and his middle names are from his Grandfather. We love that his name is a little unique and the middle names are traditional. We are hoping to adopt again soon and we will continue the tradition. I already have Helena Jane picked out for a middle name (both of our mother's names) if it's a girl (we're still working on the first name). We're not sure if we get another boy, because we've already used the family names that we liked. I guess we'll have to see.

I'm Vanessa Maria. My first name was just a name that both of my parents really liked, and after my Auntie Vana. My middle name was after my godmother Marie. I think I've liked my name for most of my life besides a few phases. I'm 1/4 spanish (even though I don't look it) and I like that my name has spanish roots. I was born in 92, and I like that it has never really been too common. I've only ever known 3 Vanessa's, even though I've heard of a bunch more. I think it might be more common in my area too. I also like my first name because while it is feminine, it isn't too frilly, which suites me perfectly. I didn't use to like my middle name, I think just because it is more traditional and I liked newer, more hip names. I used to tell people my middle name was Mariah. Now, I love Maria! I like that it has family meaning and the spanish roots thing again. I also like it because it is a lot less common then Marie.
    So overall, I like my name. I think it suites me well!

My name is Sarah Joann. I really hated Sarah growing up and asked my mother if I could change my name when I was little. She opened the baby name book and showed me the nicknames of Sarah:
    Sadie/Saddee
    Sally/Salley/Sallie
    Sare/Zare
    Suri
    I chose Sadie (kind of glad because my runner up was Suri!) and never looked back. It is hard to explain how Sadie is attached Sarah for official doccuments! lol.
    Joann is the compromise between Joanna and Joanne... I really hate it. I wish I was either Joanne or Joanna!
    Mommy to Hermione Grace (02*23*2011)
    Future Sibs:
    Peter Halen ~ Isolde Jane ~ Conrad Gray ~ Rowena Claire ~ Edmund North ~ Beatrix Rose ~ Miles Xavier