Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adoption game

Adoption game

This is the first game of this kind on here, but below are some first/middle name combos that I made up that represent children up for adoption. For each one, if you were to adopt him/her would you keep the name or change it (and if the latter what would you change it to)?

Boys:
    Ethan Aidan
    Gabriel Charles
    Kelly Thomas

Girls:
    Addison Reese
    Nancy Elizabeth
    Raquel Veronica

Re: Adoption game

Boys:
    Ethan Aidan
    Gabriel Charles
    Kelly Thomas

Girls:
    Addison Reese
    Nancy Elizabeth
    Raquel Veronica

Unless the child was a newborn, I would keep the name... maybe even if they were a newborn I would keep it. If they were still very little I would keep their names, but use a nickname or middle name. Ethan would stay Ethan, Gabriel would be Gabe or Charlie, Kelly would be either Kelly or Tom, Addison would stay Addison, Nancy would definitely go by some Elizabeth nickname, and Raquel would go by Veronica. Of course that's only if they're still young enough to change their name without them being completely confused. I mean, I would never change the name of a 7 year old, or even a 3 year old.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Boys:
    Ethan Adrian (The two syllables in the first and middle name annoy me.)
    James Peter (Love the combo)
    Thomas Robert (Love Thomas, don't like Kelly for a boy since his same-named peers would be girls)

Girls:
    Addison Reese (Addison is my new favorite)
    Nancy Elizabeth (I love Nancy and Elizabeth)
    Roxanne Veronica (Just changed Raquel because it was confusing and not pretty)

I knew a family who had a foster child whom they thought they were going to adopt. They didn't, and they had already changed her name. She got used to be calling her new name and not her old one. When she left them there was some confusion.

[quote="namefan"]This is the first game of this kind on here, but below are some first/middle name combos that I made up that represent children up for adoption. For each one, if you were to adopt him/her would you keep the name or change it (and if the latter what would you change it to)?

Boys:
    Ethan Aidan change it Aidan Joseph
    Gabriel Charles change Zion Gabriel
    Kelly Thomas change Brennan Thomas

Girls:
    Addison Reese change Madelyn Rose
    Nancy Elizabeth id probably leave this one alone
    Raquel Veronica id leave this one alone too