Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sister for Rebecca

Hello,

Please help me decide on the name for my second daughter. I have a toddler named Rebecca. It is very important to me that the names "go together." Here are the choices, in alphabetical order:

Christina
    Clara
    Gabriella
    Julia
    Natalia
    Sara
    Susanna
    Veronica

Some of the above choices are mine, some are my husbands. There is one I am very strongly leaning toward that I cannot get out of my mind and haven't been able to for nearly my entire pregnancy! But I would like to know what others think. Which is the best name to go with Rebecca, and why? Or, if there are other suggestions, please offer them too. Our last name is 2 syllables. Thanks!

Re: Sister for Rebecca

My favorite is definitely Susanna. I can certainly see her as Rebecca's sister. I think they're both classically sweet, but spunky at the same time. Do you call Rebecca by a nickname at all? Because the nicknames Becca and Susie flow just as well as the full names. Many of your other names could work well too, but this is far and above my favorite combination. They seem to me to have the same style, sound like they were probably popular at the same time. Hmm, quite nice.

oh, also, I'm very curious what your favorite is... after all, that's the most important thing!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Rebecca is a beautiful name! I also love the names Clara, Susannah, Natalie (like it more than Natalia unless your last name goes better with Natalia), and Veronica. But I don't really like Rebecca and Veronica together. Too much "ca" at the ends of both names. I love Clara and Susannah the most with Rebecca. Sara is pretty, too. My sister named her daughter Julia Rebecca. Sara and Susannah are both biblical names just like Rebecca. So they are all well-suited. I also like Rachel. When I say Rebecca and Clara to myself, they just sound nice together. It's hard for me to pick just one of those choices because so many of them are lovely. I would have to know what your last name is.

I like Christina best with Rebecca.

I love the name Julia. It is my daughter's name. It's a classic name and I think it goes well with Rebecca. I also like Susanna and Sara. Two other pretty biblical names are Leah and Lydia. I think you should use the one that you've been leaning toward. If you love the name, then it's the right one.