Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Re: What names have we missed?

Quote Originally Posted by susan
    Almanzo is missing. He was Laura Ingalls Wilders' husband. I tried to put his name on one of my lists and couldn't do it. Digory, a boy's name is also missing. Aravis, a girl's name, is missing. Digory is a character in C. S. Lewis' book "The Magician's Nephew", and Aravis is a girl in Lewis' "The Horse and His Boy".
    I was missing those names too! Aravis is so pretty, especially with Ava being so popular.
    Some of the nicknames/variations are off. I mean, Image as a variation of Lee? Cute as a variation of Jory, it doesn't even show? What?

Quote Originally Posted by pam
    Sounds like an early invented name -- Marilyn, except her daddy's name was Daryl.
    That is so funny! This girl acted like she was the Queen and she looked like Catherine Denouvre or however you spell it. Her last name was Lord, and she had lived in England. I always assumed she had a very tasteful name, but I guess I didn't really think about it.

sometimes text "wanders" into the variations section and we have to pluck it out-- thus Cute under Jory etc. So thanks for alerting us to these. We'll work on adding the other names. Thanks!
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I've tried to research this name and came up with nothing. It's the name of one of my student's mom, she is from Holland, I believe-

Siaska

Interesting. Definitely not Saskia? That was the name of Rembrandt's wife and is well used in Holland though hasn't traveled to the U.S. -- a real beauty!
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry