Names Searched Right Now:
Page 132 of 161 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this applies but could you please, please, please add Indigo as a unisex name. It is not just a girls name, and it's driving me crazy that it's not considered a boys name. The first time I ever heard it was on a boy, and I didn't even know it was a girls name, until I saw it was classed as only a girls name here.
    Wholock | Historian | Biochemist | Single Pringle | Teenberry (17)😏
    Want to be a mummy in the future. Dreaming of...
    ✦ Caspian Sherlock Walter, Phoenix Arthur Blaise, Ptolemy Alexander Hamish, Horatio Albert Louis ✦
    ✦ Mister Men ✦

✦ Pandora, Demelza, Evanthe, & I'm still stuck... Beatrix? Adelise? Margaux? ✦
    ✦ Little Misses ✦

"'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    β€’ Mycroft Holmes β€’ Sherlock (BBC) β€’ His Last Vow β€’

Quote Originally Posted by littlewren View Post
    I do think a surname can constitute a first name. But "Ackerly,ackley", squished together with a comma like that, seemed like an error. Or was it trying to represent that they were variants of the same surname? I could be wrong, it just seemed odd.
    Ah I didn't realise that's what you meant! Yeah, that's an error.
    ~Boys~

β˜… August Eli Benedict β˜… Bram β˜… Casimir Mordecai β˜… Edmond John Meirion β˜… Gillon β˜…
    β˜… Jory Leander β˜… Julian Charles β˜… Macsen β˜… Magnus β˜… Vasiliy β˜…

~Girls~

β˜… Aira Rose β˜… Arietta β˜… Clover β˜… Delphina β˜… Eleni β˜… Fiorella β˜… Hester Isobel β˜…
    β˜… Iris β˜… Lilah β˜… Merit β˜… Sylvia β˜…

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Lain - a variation of Lane and Layne. The name of the eponymous character from Serial Experiments Lain and chiptune artist Lain Trzaska. Unisex.

Zakkai please! Means pure.
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zach/Rafe/Otis/Rupert/Oscar

Cleo/Matilda/Priya

Hi there,

I have noticed that you don't have Magali (emphasis is on the "li")which is a quite common French Provencal name - not sure about the origin, probably derived either from Marguerite or Madeleine.
    Also you are missing Aglaia, which is a Russian name of Greek origin - Aglaia or Aglaya was one of the three Graces in Greek mythology, it was the name of the love-interest/princess in Dostoevsky's The Idiot. It has a French variant AglaΓ©. I think it makes a pretty alternative to Agatha or Maia or Gaia.
    Finally you are missing Chryseis. The only thing I know about this name is that it was in a baby name book I owned when I was 13 and it was Greek, but I just googled it and find it is version of Cressida.

Hope this is helpful. I think they are all solid, usable names.

When I was 14 my friend and I had a rainy holiday in Paris where we refused to leave our grubby hotel and spent almost the entire time creating a list of every name we could think of which we later entered into a very primitive stoneage computer database. Nameberry is genius way to make being name-crazy into a career - well done! Wish I'd done it first.