Names Searched Right Now:
Page 119 of 160 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
    Javad is not in your database. It is an Arabic name meaning 'liberal, forgiver'.... It also happens to be the middle name of One Direction singer Zayn Javad Malik.

You're also missing the girls names Sholeh, Samaneh, Somayeh, and Soheila...
    Last edited by tfzolghadr; June 6th, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
    INTP Anthropologist Living in the centre of China, married to a Persian, and just enjoying a completely unpredictable life

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

Raphael Kaveh
    Currently stuck on girls

Names I love, but cannot use:

Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Caspar Siavash, Elias Rostam, Simon Kasra
    Valentina Parvaneh, Rosalind Tala, Viola Katayoun

Tiziana

Tiziana is a name that I have heard of a couple of time in Italy. I think it is a really pretty name! One Tiziana said that her name was not that uncommon, but it was an old fashioned name (unlike Giulia, Sofia and Martina- which are the most popular now there).

It apparently is from an old roman name Titianus or from the Tizia family.

I just noticed that a bunch of Icelandic names I found in books are missing. For boys, Petúr is the variant of Peter (and it is also missing from the list of Peter's international variants), Bjartur even though I have no idea where it comes from (maybe Arthur?), and Erlendur which means foreigner (Erlend is also the first name of one of the singers of the Norwegian band Kings of Convenience). For girls, Sóllilja which means sun lily in translation, and is the middle name of the daughter of the protagonist of Independent People, a book by Halldór Laxness. Speaking of well-known Icelandinc personalities, Jónsi is the frontman of the band Sigur Rós; I think it is a variant of John, but I'm not so sure.

Also, I second everything finuneby has said about Italian names. We also have Pierluigi in the Pier+something family, and Tiziano -like the painter- is not uncommon either, just like Tiziana.
    Irene; Name lover in her twenties; single; Languages student by day, writer by night.

Current favorites, not in order:
    Eden - Evelyn - Hadley - Alice - Emily - Zoey - Greta - Jezebel - Zelda - Anna - Charlotte - Clara - Katherine/Kate - Amber
    Ethan - Adam - William - Peter - Harvey - Galen - Kenneth - Kieran - Theo - Daniel - David - Gabriel - Blake - Alexander/Zander

The National's Names List

Peculiar Italian Names for Girls

I know there are more pressing issues with NB at the moment, but I hope this thread still gets checked every once in a while!

I have loads I could add, but the one I've been most surprised at not being in the database is Aled, which bethlow mentioned pages back. It was once at #312 in the E&W stats, it is still in the top 1000 and was in the Welsh top 100 for a while. It's a name most people would know over here as I'd say Aled Jones is a fairly well known bloke

Yeah, I really hope some Turkish and Farsi names get added... there are very, very few. Two I'm stunned aren't in here: Mavi and Levent, both Turkish boys names.

P.S. Your also missing Evren, a common male Turkish name.
    INTP Anthropologist Living in the centre of China, married to a Persian, and just enjoying a completely unpredictable life

Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 '14

Raphael Kaveh
    Currently stuck on girls

Names I love, but cannot use:

Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Caspar Siavash, Elias Rostam, Simon Kasra
    Valentina Parvaneh, Rosalind Tala, Viola Katayoun